DevOps Engineer (CI, CD, Cloud, Docker, Jenkins) at buildit (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-23 05:00:54
We are in growth mode and looking for high calibre, deeply experienced, hands-on DevOps engineers who seek to be recognized as platform technology leaders growing our practice.
You will work as part of our Agile hybrid DevOps teams, to help develop/configure new tools, roll out environments and automate processes using a variety of tools and techniques.
This role will give you the opportunity to leverage your current technical skills, whilst building your knowledge on the job. The ideal candidate will have a desire to be at the forefront of change, and a real passion for DevOps!
Who we are looking for
Senior DevOps engineers experienced in cloud adoption and migration, with excellent comprehension of modern engineering from toolsets to methods, practices to technologies.
- High level and deep technical experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment, particularly Jenkins, Travis and/or CircleCI
- Uses testing as a baseline practice: TDD, BDD, integration, E2E
- Understands the challenges presented by cloud adoption and migration in both enterprise and green field contexts; how to build cloud native applications scratch and how to tackle monolithic system estates through the introduction of API’s, microservices and gateways
- Hands on practitioners with the ability to demonstrate and communicate at all levels bringing complex technological issues into perspective for specialists and laymen alike, enabling our clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to live, and deliver better solutions though better software. Performs and accepts regular code reviews.
- Deep experience with DevOps architecture and implementation
- Understanding of containers with heavy experience in at least one or more of: Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher
- Working experience with cloud infrastructure/services (AWS or Azure preferred, also Google Cloud Platform)
- Some experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Terraform)
- Understanding of high-availability, disaster-recovery, monitoring and logging at scale
- Deep hands-on Java (plus Spring framework) and/or C#/.NET. Python and/or Node.js nice to have.
- Consulting experience, preferably with major IT consulting or Big 4
- AWS DevOps Engineer or Azure DevOps Solution certification, Docker (DCA) or Kubernetes (CKAD) certification a plus
- Highly articulate with good communication skills across diverse groups, including stakeholders, engineers, business analysts, and teams
- Initiative to identify value work and execute delivery
- Demonstrated leadership through influencing stakeholders and up-skilling engineers
- Commercial awareness using pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Systems thinker who understand how large organizations operate and common pitfalls, LEAN manufacturing
- Understands Agile as a mindset, with direct experience in Scrum, Kanban, and/or SAFe
- Proven track record of working within and leading multi-functional teams