Java Engineer at SAP (Belgrade, Serbia)
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-24 05:00:16
Requisition ID: 281794Work Area: Software-Development OperationsExpected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: ProfessionalEmployment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. Thats why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because its the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve peoples lives.
We are looking for experienced Java engineer to grow our Belgrade Insurance Application Team. SAP Insurance application is a cloud multi-tenant application that enables customers to model their own business processes in the cloud.
Whole Insurance team including product owners is in Belgrade where we decide what we will build next and how. In April 2018 SAP acquired CallidusCloud to add our products to its cloud portfolio.
- Working on Insurance application
- Writing clean, high-quality code and driving others on your team to do the same
- Collaborate to help specify, design, and develop software meeting company and product requirements
- Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews and product documentation.
- 5+ years of experience in web application development
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar area
- Development experience with Java technology stack (Spring, REST, Spring Boot, Hibernate) + Angular
- Working with databases and knowledge of SQL is required. Experience with SAP Hana is advantage
- Experience with Git, Gradle, Jenkins
- Experience with Hazelcast, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Experience with TTD and test frameworks such as JUnit, Selenium
- Familiarity with Microservices, CD/CI, Docker, Kubernetes, GC will be considered as plus
Our tools and methodology:
- JetBrains IDEA, Visual Studio Code, GitHub
- Slack, Jira, Confluence, Microsoft 365
- Scrumban, Design Thinking, Code Review for every change
- Work on challenging cloud project used by biggest companies in the world
- Competitive compensation and bonus plan
- Private health insurance for you and your family and voluntary private pension
- Budget for personal development
- 100% compensation during maternity leave
- Meal allowance, transportation allowance
- Regular working hours for a good work-life balance
- Cool working space, Monday breakfast and beer on last Friday in the month
- Sport activities
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.