Java/Backend Developer at SAP (Sofia, Bulgaria)
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-24 05:00:16
Requisition ID: 279031Work Area: Information TechnologyExpected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: ProfessionalEmployment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. Thats why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because its the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve peoples lives.
The development center of SAP in Bulgaria is technology-focused and plays key role in the defining and developing of the SAP Cloud Platform. With its more than 1060 professionals, SAP Labs Bulgaria also has strong contributions towards life-cycle management, user interface & user experience across the broader portfolio of SAP products. For its 21-year history, the company has established itself as a preferred employer in the IT sector in Bulgaria.
Java/Backend Developer - IBSO Engineering Team
Within the Customer Success and Innovation Organization, the Innovative Business Solutions (IBSO) Engineering team plays a crucial role to drive customer success and satisfaction. IBSO Engineering is a global organization dedicated to delivering solution extensions or new functionality based on SAP Business Technology Platform, formerly known as SAP Cloud Platform. Our mission is to co-innovate with our customers and accelerate their transformation to the Industry Cloud. We deliver a full lifecycle of custom developed services – from the strategic planning of a development project through delivery and maintenance of the solution. With offices in Germany, Ireland, Romania and other locations globally we are able to leverage a global delivery model that utilizes the specific strengths of each location.
We are looking for an experienced developer with strong motivation and a nice personality to join our team and work on our fascinating and challenging projects. Affinity towards backend experience is preferred, but the position is not limited to backend and defines a full-stack development role in the long run.
MAIN EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
- Work with customers, Product Owners and/or architects on solution definition when necessary
- Support creation of high-level specification documents and write detailed specifications when feasible
- Develop and deliver functionality on the SAP Business Technology Platform based on specifications
- Conduct code reviews based on guidelines and document the reviews
- Actively participate in the Scrum aspects of the development process
- Take on the technical lead role in certain projects and mentor the rest of the team, ensuring the end success and high-quality delivery of the solution
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Industrial Engineering or a related field is preferred, but not mandatory
- Software Development background
- Understanding of development documentation, flowcharts, design and architectural documentation, etc.
- Excellent Java EE knowledge
- Knowledge in Cloud-based development and microservices architecture is an advantage
- CI/CD practices, Jenkins knowledge, etc. is a plus
- Fluent English, written and spoken
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Logical thinking
- Capability to handle multiple tasks in parallel
- Strong customer and quality focus is an advantage
- Proactive work attitude and ability to drive projects or tasks is an advantage
- Positive attitude towards the team, openness and the desire to work in and contribute to a friendly and relaxed environment is a must!
- 3+ years of development experience
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.