Software Engineer - Delivery Team at Avaloq (Edinburgh, UK)
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-24 05:00:40
In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- You will help design and develop tools that allow the products produced by Avaloq to be registered and ordered by both internal and external customers.
- A large part of this role will be to improve and extend user interaction with the system through both our modern UIs as well as via our extensive REST APIs.
- You will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of the tools; this includes the Angular framework for the front end, JavaEE for back end and SQL for the data management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Considerable experience with JavaSE
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team
Any of the following additional skills will be beneficial:
- Angular and TypeScript
- Knowledge of JavaEE
- Familiarity with Jenkins
- Experience of designing and consuming REST APIs
With our compensation model, we want to share the success of the company with all our employees. We offer a competitive salary, a benefits package that includes private health and dental care, generous pension, annual bonus and extraordinary achievement rewards for those who go the extra mile.
For those relocating to Edinburgh from overseas or elsewhere in the UK, we also offer a relocation package to make your move that little bit easier.
In addition, we also offer the following:
- flexible working hours
- casual dress code
- annual personal training budget
- modern, open-plan office surroundings - multi-screens, adjustable sit/stand desks, dedicated dining area
- fantastic office perks - free fruit, cereal and pastries, tea & coffee machines, pool table, table tennis, foosball, discounted gym membership, parking, secure bicycle racks and shower facilities
- sociable, relaxed and friendly office culture - regular themed social events, sports and fitness clubs