Development Manager at Alcumus () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-24 05:00:50
Alcumus is the UK’s market-leading provider of technology led compliance and risk management solutions, our purpose is to help organizations be safer, healthier, and stronger.
eCompliance and ContractorCheck as North America's extension to Alcumus:
eCompliance is the #1 software solution for improving worker participation in safety activities across blue collar industries. With a mission to eliminate 1 million workplace incidents, we are the fastest growing company keeping everyday people safe on the job each and every day. We are committed to developing an awesome product that makes an impact on the lives of others, wow-ing our customers, and creating a world-class company culture.
ContractorCheck is an innovative software company. As an independent third-party, ContractorCheck provides contractor management and compliance for clients and awards health and safety pre-qualification accreditation to contractors across Canada. With a mission to be the risk management company most committed to its innovation, people, and dedication to client service. Our people feel a strong sense of purpose by keeping other people safe. At ContractorCheck, we want you to enjoy coming to work so we are dedicated to building a fun and inclusive company culture.
Upholding the Company Values
Know your stuff -Ensure you have the technical know how you need. Keep building and improving on it every day.
Be brave -Speak up, find a way and dare to try. Take accountability for the part you play.
Be a team player -Be inclusive, both within your immediate team and across the business. Help your stakeholders to achieve their potential.
Enjoy the journey -Work hard, keep perspective and have fun along the way. Take a positive and constructive outlook to help drive change.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing software development company. You will have the best of both worlds: join a software company that has a real product, real customers, growing revenue and a rock-solid financial picture, and have the opportunity to work for a cool technology company with tons of growth potential. Our office is that perfect mix of urban cool and industrial chic. As a Development Manager, you will inspire your team to be their best for a product that will make organizations Safer, Healthier, and Stronger.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Build high quality, globally available, fault-tolerant systems and products
- Work on problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Work with product, UX, Data and other disciplines to discover the best solutions for our merchants
- Be a technical influencer across the company. Provide technical direction through technical design reviews, GitHub pull requests, and pair programming
- Grow the team both through internal development and helping with external hiring
- Advocate for quick iterative development accompanied by experimentation analysis
- Has 5+ years and proven technical leadership skills working with complex software systems with a common framework (.Net, Java, NodeJS, etc)
- Has direct experience working to build a software product in an agile methodology
- Has proven senior leadership skills
- Has experience building and successfully growing successful and high-performance software teams
- Drives personal and team delivery of technical excellence and results, backed by data
- Effective at communicating and explaining complex systems
- Demonstrated skill in coaching and mentorship via code review and other processes
- Personal project work that is online, or available via github, or other activity supporting the software ecosystem (ex: meetups, StackOverflow participation, etc)
- Experience working with micro-services infrastructure supporting a software Product
- Experience working with Big Data technology: kafka, redshift, etc, and BI/Reporting Solutions using Looker
- Excellent communication and team skills (remote working experience).
- Excellent knowledge of agile software development practices, and examples of providing leadership in supporting these practices in the workplace
***Option to work fully remote anywhere in Canada/US. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada/US.
The Alcumus Advantage
At Alcumus we encourage inclusiveness, purpose and innovation. We offer flexible work hours, birthdays off, bi-weekly lunch, team socials, happy hours and career progression in a high growth environment.
Due to COVID-19 the Alcumus team is currently working from home. We have the tools, instruction and a brilliant team to set you up for work from home success!
The typical recruitment process for shortlisted candidates will be an initial conversation with the recruitment team followed by two/three stages of interviews.
These may take place via telephone, Microsoft Teams or face to face. Please be advised that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
References will be requested for those candidates selected in the final interview stage.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Alcumus is an equal opportunity workplace. All candidates will be afforded equal opportunity through the recruiting process. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity and/or expression. We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work.
If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If you want to join a company that strives for a mission, purpose and making an impact in the lives of others, we encourage you to apply today.