Senior Frontend Software Engineer at ART AI (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-27 05:00:35
ART AI is a small startup company that is a leader in AI Generated Art. We develop algorithms that create artworks, and sell the artworks as Canvas prints, and as digital files, via our online gallery - www.artaigallery.com.
ART AI is changing the world of art by using technology to enable everyone to own personal, one-of-a-kind artworks, no matter their budget. We are constantly innovating the product experience by leveraging our strong in-house algorithms and development teams, and are aiming to push the art buying experience to the next level, creating experiences that are only possible thanks to our art generation technology.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to help us build great user experiences, as we rebuild our platform from the ground up.
Our new platform is built on a modern technology stack, using Next.js, python and No-SQL data stores, and is hosted on Amazon Web Services.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You’ll Report To: VP Engineering
What You'll Be Doing:
- You'll work in a small team of dedicated software developers and ML engineers in the creation of our e-commerce platform.
- You'll collaborate with team members to conceptualize and build well-crafted scalable solutions.
- You'll constructively provide feedback and insights to your peers through code reviews and other discussions
- You'll produce high-quality results by leading or contributing heavily to large cross-functional projects that have a significant impact on the business
- You'll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
You’ll be successful if you are a Front End Engineer who specializes in using UI technologies to develop a scalable highly interactive site. What You Should Have:
- You have been building front end web applications professionally for 4+ years
- You have a strong understanding of building web applications powered by RESTful APIs and GraphQL
- You deeply care about web performance, loading fast, and staying fast
- You write testable, maintainable, and understandable code
- You have a passion for knowledge, continued learning, and sharing it with others
- You are a strong communicator. You can explain complex topics to peers, the product team, and other non-technical team members
- You have a passion for building unique web experiences
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Next.js
- Experience in E-commerce development.
What We Have:
- A small team of talented, fun, and motivated people.
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages
- Cool office environment and culture
- Gym memberships