Frontend Engineer (100% remote) at Giant Swarm GmbH () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-27 05:00:35
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer
to play a leading role in the development of our front end (written in React) and our other front end interfaces written in Go. You will not only contribute maintainable code that meets best practices and high standards but also work towards enabling all of our engineers to contribute confidently towards evolving our interfaces into the most delightful way to manage Kubernetes clusters. Giant Swarm is a fast-growing open-source infrastructure management platform used by modern enterprises. Our vision is to empower developers around the world to ship great products.We're a distributed, diverse, and growing team spread across the whole world. The company is based in Cologne, Germany, where we have a small office in a coworking space. However, only a few people work there and visitors are always welcome (in pre-corona times :( and hopefully soon again). All workflows are created to function remotely - but of course, if you want to visit Cologne, you are more than welcome!While we are remote-first, we appreciate quality time with our co-workers, so we meet in person twice a year to work and have fun together.
- You will join us in making Kubernetes and our interfaces more understandable for our customers and end-users
- Together with our teams and our UX designer you identify and pick up frontend stories from the backlog
- You find opportunities for improvement, both user-facing and in the codebase
- You will make sure that in one year our web interface is highly regarded in the Kubernetes community as the most beautiful and desired tool for managing clusters and applications
- Experience with React and Redux
- You value craftsmanship, are curious, willing to learn, and don’t give up easily when things are hard or complicated
- We (and our customers) are currently mainly distributed around Europe (around CET), thus, your main timezone should be somewhere between +/- 2 hours CET to ensure good communication.
- You feel responsible for everything you ship and you pride yourself on clean code, precise documentation, and a perfect product.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with the terminal and bash.
- Experience with continuous integration and a git-based workflow.
- Besides TypeScript, you have programming skills in a language of choice (not necessarily ours, but knowing Go or another statically typed language is a plus) and you already had first touchpoints with Kubernetes, Docker, and microservices.
- Intimate knowledge of the whole web stack; you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.