Engineering Manager - Frontend & Mobile (m/f/d) at Motius GmbH (München, Deutschland)
Location: München, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-27 05:00:37
Motius is a research and development company with a unique organizational structure: we combine a solid core team (approximately 70 employees) with an interdisciplinary tech community (approximately 800 members) of software developers, engineers, designers and electrical engineers to build products and prototypes the latest technology areas (including App/Web, A.I., Blockchain, AR / VR and much more).
Having grown successfully in recent years, we are now taking the important next step. Based on our decentralized feedback and promotion processes and on our Motius Talent Journey, we are establishing Leads in our different tech clusters to give more responsibility and freedom of decision to the teams. In this role you'll have a huge and direct impact on our vision to become the best place for techies. Other companies probably call this position "Engineering Manager" or "Staff Manager", we call this position "Cluster Lead".
As Cluster Lead you're acting as a mentor, sparring partner, reliable manager, and servant leader for your engineering team. Together with your team you ensure innovative and high quality solutions in our different R&D projects, e.g. by creating reusable components and assets or by supporting the offfer creation process. Our tech clusters are also responsible for creating technical roadmaps and evaluating upcoming technologies and programming languages to be realized in future projects. In addition you will also join 1 or 2 of our exiting R&D projects as Lead Engineer to stay close to our agile projects. You can find sample projects in our Motius Success Stories.
- Leading and managing a part of our software cluster, focus on Frontend and Mobile engineers
- Besides capacity management, you are responsible for successful hiring, onboarding and personal development processes, for example by creating individual personal development targets and plans based on our regular peer reviews
- Together with your team member, who are working in different R&D projects, you support technical estimations and the definition of right tech stacks and architectures in offer creation processes and you ensure a high technical quality in the implementation phases
- You are constantly improving our software cluster and building up knowledge by introducing new tools, best practices or frameworks and sharing learning from our projects
- You define and fulfill cluster specific OKRs and are responsbile for tools, licenses and budgets
- Depending on your background and your preference you are building complex web applications, apps, and other software for various industries and for different use cases, following a two-weekly Scrum process using GitLab, Jira, Slack, Continous Integration & Delivery, etc.
- University degree in Computer Science or in similar disciplines and at least 3-5 years of experience in agile software development
- Proven leadership experience, ideally in the project business (agency or consultancy environment)
- You are a humble leader, who is exited about supporting and developing engineers on their talent journey at Motius
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development and experienced in removing blockers and solving conflicts in team and/or with clients
- Experience with RESTful services and APIs and in engineering best practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications/digital product
- Ability to develop creative and efficient solutions for our clients and strong communication skills in English, German is a plus
- Huge impact on Motius becoming the best place for techies as part of our Motius leadership team
- Unique and inspiring working culture with many smart engineers from diverse backgrounds (e.g. App developers, Embedded system engineers, Mechanical engineers, Computer Vision researchers etc.) coming from over 15 different countries
- Exciting insights into the markets, technologies and products of the future through collaboration with clients from a wide range of industries plus the opportunity to accelerate our clients' innovation cycles
- Own personal development budget and our regular Tech Discovery for learning and discovering new technologies
- Pushing and realizing the topics that you're interested in and using Motius as a machine for that
- Other perks & benefits of a startup: Lots of flexibility and responsibility, flat hierarchies, regular teambuilding and company events, free access to our workshop area and also to Makerspace.
Despite Covid-19 we continue to grow and are looking forward to receiving your application with CV, motivation letter, possible start date and salary expectation.