Cloud Engineer at Zuhlke Engineering Ltd (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-27 05:00:47
At Zuhlke we empower ideas. We are a trusted advisor for clients across industries and help them turn ideas into smart and sustainable solutions.We specialise in digital innovation, cloud and data solutions, and have successfully delivered products such as mobile banking apps, healthcare systems and cloud-based government platforms, to name a few.
You will be part of a purpose-driven team with a passion for innovation and an appreciation for Agile principles. To cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive, we foster an inclusive team culture where each individual has a voice and is empowered to take initiative, and where we care for one another. While we have been growing internationally, our colleagues across Europe and Asia remain connected through distributed project work and our “One Zuhlke” culture.
As a privately held company run by engineers, we prioritise your continuous development and education. With life-long learning a priority, we invest 10% of our turnover in developing skills and services in an agile way – matching your needs and those of the company.
Our promise to employees and clients emphasises quality, innovation and sustainability. Our ethical guidelines and our passion for impactful solutions influence client projects and industries we work with, and underpin our focus on diversity and environmental sustainability.
Your job will include:
- As Cloud Engineer you help our clients understand what they really need and build high quality systems to satisfy those needs.
- You design and implement cloud-based infrastructures and cloud-native architectures and applications.
- Youwork collaboratively with colleagues and clients, be it onsite, in the Zuhlke office, or from home.
- Youkeep yourself technically sharp and get things done.
Skills & Requirements:
- We are looking for a Cloud Engineer with a strongbackground in software engineeringor cloud infrastructures and an in-depthexpertiseof AWS and/or GCP. Azureknowledgeis a plus.
- You havesuccessfully implementedAWS and/or GCP basedsolutions.
- You are open to explore and learn about new/other technologies and ecosystems.
- Ideally you have already worked successfully in client facing environments.
Our technical choices are mainly driven by our clients' needs. We aim to make balanced engineering decisions based on the most effective tooling and their environments. Our delivery environment…
- Is often based on AWS and GCP, to a lesser extent on Azure.
- has Mobileecosystems such as iOS/Swift and Android/Kotlin.
- UsesAgile approaches, especially Test-Driven Development and Pair Programming.
- Relieson strong Continuous Integration skills and automated delivery pipelines.
- Keepscurrent with recent technical, fit-for-purpose trends.