Solutions Architect at Axpo (Madrid, Spain)
Location: Madrid, Spain
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-27 05:00:47
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic future colleague who wants to further advance his/her skills and career in a great working environment. If you are a highly-motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and a passion to deliver cutting-edge products, we have the perfect job for you!We are seeking a strong, versatile person to deliver best-in-class software solutions both to our in-house and external clients. Solution Architect (f/m) What you will do
- Assume a key role in our upcoming project to bring our Market Data System Landscape to the next level, by migrating current systems to a new green-field platform.
- Participate in planning of the project by providing feedback on requirements and estimating implementation efforts
- In collaboration with the project team, establish a small team of highly skilled professionals that will work alongside you and the wider project team
- Help us to end-to-end conceptualize, implement and fine tune our future Market Data System Landscape
- Provide technical guidance to your and other engineering teams building and supporting the platform
- In collaboration with architecture team, define solid architectural best practices to be followed on a continuous basis during the project and all future enhancements. Act as gate keeper for high quality of technical deliveries.
- Ensure continuing technical rigor around platform development - e.g. CI/CD, infrastructure as code, automated testing etc.
- Align scoping and prioritization of technical deliverables with the project and beyond.
- Research possible technologies and solutions for challenging software engineering problems.
What you bring & who you are
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- 3+ years leading complex cloud architecture projects
- 2+ years' experience working with Azure
- Should have led (tech lead or architect role) complex data projects in the big data space for enterprise sized companies – e.g. 1k+ employees
- Proven experience working with / building high throughput / low latency / highly scalable APIs
- Experience providing technical leadership to teams of 20+ people
- Experience leading and working with distributed teams
- Experience with financial and/or commodity markets is a big plus
- Strong team player with great analytical skill
- Proficiency in English and willingness to occasionally travel
- Desirable: GraphQL, GRPC, API Management
- Good understanding of DevOps (i.e. best practices like infrastructure as code, automation, CI/CD)
- Experience with .net, Python, SQL and NoSQL, Spark, Kubernetes/Dockers would be a big plus