Senior Web and Mobile Developer at Red Rock technology (Denver, CO)
Location: Denver, CO
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-27 05:00:49
Red Rock Tech Solutions (a division of ALC Schools, LLC) is a growing, entrepreneurial, software development company in the passenger transportation industry. We use a custom-built platform to dispatch, track, and report on thousands of trips for our customers every single day. We are pushing boundaries in databases, mapping, scheduling, routing, and optimization.
We are looking for a great Sr. Mobile/Web Software Developer who is well-rounded and passionate about technology, software development, solution quality, improving the effectiveness of our solutions, continual learning, and anything else they do. Your experience, and your ability to continue learning, will be fully utilized. You will be expected to know how to do lots of stuff (or to learn it quickly) – boredom should not be a problem.
Team Size / Dynamics
- You will be working with a small, distributed team: Developers, QA Engineers, Technical Leads, Product Owners, & other technical team members (DBAs and Systems groups)
- We are collaborative workers, using Kanban boards for task management and regular stand-up meetings for coordination
- We are heavily invested in Microsoft technologies with Azure, .NET Core, Service Fabric, SQL Server, CosmosDB, and Azure Functions serving as the foundation for our systems
- We maintain & develop solutions on a variety of platforms, including mobile, web, and desktop applications
- Internalize requirements first
- Write well-designed, readable, testable, & efficient code next
- Understand & follow Security best practices
- Integrate components into a fully functional software system
- Create, maintain, & document automated tests for your solutions
- Collaborate with team on design; provide feedback & input regarding technical implications
- Research & offer solutions to resolve any reported defects (or ensure there aren’t any )
- Coach, mentor, teach (and learn from) other technical teammates
- Assist with designing test plans and scripts from project requirements
- Maintain accurate tracking of issues and work items
- 3+ years within Software Engineering/Development discipline
- Demonstrated ability to develop React web & React Native applications fulfilling business requirements
- Experience diving into existing React web/Native solutions & driving them forward
- Solid understanding of software development processes, methodologies, & best practices
- Ability to work constructively with other developers, QAEs, Tech Leads & IT towards a common goal
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (Functions, CosmosDB, Azure AD B2C, etc.)
- Experience with Distributed Version Control Systems such as git
- Experience with Continuous Integration environments such as Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Knowledge or experience leveraging .NET Core
- Experience with Automated Testing
- Experience with transportation related technologies
The other requirements (hard to quantify, but important nonetheless):
- Being passionate is important. Your systems will support our aggressive growth as a company. We want you to own the projects you work on, and make them the best they can be. Transportation is an exciting and dynamic field, and we are looking for somebody who can get excited about transforming it.
- We need somebody who communicates well. Being able to communicate well in the English language, both written and verbal, is important. You will occasionally work with people other than developers & technical team members (end users, company management, etc.).
- We require a willingness to adapt and learn. Nobody knows everything, and we don't expect you to either. You will need the ability to pick things up quickly and be nimble in your approach.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, 401K Plan (with Employer Match), Paid Time Off, and Paid Holiday.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation.
Red Rock Tech Solutions, LLC is An Equal Opportunity Employer