Mid to Senior Software Engineer to Help Solve the Complicated at Varen Technologies (Columbia, MD)
Location: Columbia, MD
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-28 05:00:25
We are looking for a Software Engineer to design, develop and implement complicated and difficult software capabilities for computer based systems. Daily activities will require a strong working knowledge and experience developing Java based software capabilities.
Problem solver on this task should have an inquisitive nature, responsiveness, and excellent testing skills. Must also possess strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines. Will work in a fast paced, small business environment with our talented team.
Skills & Requirements
US Citizenship Required*
- 8+ years’ experience in software development with Modern Java Frameworks and Libraries (e.g. Spring, Guava)
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline (i.e. computer science, engineering, mathematics, etc.). Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
The most successful candidates have:
- Experience in designing enterprise APIs
- Experience in RESTful web services
- Experience in Microservices architecture
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigms
- Experience with the agile software lifecycle
- Has a proven ability to learn quickly and works well both independently as well as in a team setting
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Git, Nexus, Maven)
A current security clearance is not required on day one, but will be processed for a clearance and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. Can hold a Secret and Top Secret level security clearance.