Software Architect (f/m/x) at BMW Group (Ulm, Deutschland)
Location: Ulm, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-28 05:00:29
We are searching for a hands-on automotive software architect with passion for high quality software and innovative embedded softwaresolutions.Our area of responsibility is the development of base functions for the infotainment system in connected cars. We develop middleware and applications that communicate with cloud services, realizing innovative customer functions.
What awaits you?
- As an automotive software architect, you will create future-proof software architectures for our highly interconnected embedded software functions.
- You will work together with top experts from many different teams to find the best end-to-end solutions.
- As part of our dynamic and agile team you will ensure robustness, performance, and security aspects within the software design.
- Identify dependencies and drive technical requirements clarification with stakeholders across BMW and Tier1s to ensure a coherent end-to-end solution.
- The result of your effort is high-quality software which becomes an integral part of BMW‘s vehicles.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in Computer Science.
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects and find a good solution that fits nicely with the overall ECU.
- Expert knowledge in many of these areas: Linux system programming, middleware, security, networking, virtualization, multi-platform development including Android.
- You are hands-on and you like to try things out in code in one or more languages: C++, Python, Java, Kotlin and with IPC/RPC middleware stacks.
- You know how to conquer complexity with architectural design, for example, by using OOAD, DDD, MDE, DSM.
- Ideally a practical work experience in automotive environments. Automotive safety knowledge is a plus.
- Business-fluent English is required, German would be an advantage.
- Experienced in working autonomously within and agile environment with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Apart from excellent technical and people skills, you’ll be a problem-solver, a planner and a doer.
- Teamwork and communication skills.
Do you enjoy working in an international team? Apply now!
Earliest date of start: from 01.03.2021Type of contract: unlimitedWorking time: Full-time
Contact:Florian Stöckle+49 89 382-17001