Senior Java Developer - Algo Trading at 100x Group (Hong Kong)
Location: Hong Kong
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-29 05:00:19
A pioneer in the FinTech world, 100x is the result of the phenomenal success of BitMEX, the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
The BitMEX trading platform represents the cornerstone of 100x. As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem of 100x Group companies, through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
The Trading Engine sits at the core of the BitMEX platform and handles all brokerage and trading aspects. The Trading Engine team is responsible for order management, risk checking, position keeping, PNL calculations, pricing (derivatives), risk management, market data distribution, order matching, and settlement.
100x Group is building a best in class Technology team to help us scale the BitMEX trading platform to millions of users and millions of transactions per second. We are looking for experts in low latency trading system development, microservice architectures, and scaling.
- Greenfield and brownfield design and development of a number of micro-service based electronic trading system components across order handling, order matching, market data, smart order routing
- Work with Financial Products to continuously optimise existing and develop new models/products/algorithms to facilitate risk controls and improve user experience
- New feature implementation, bug fixing, and backtesting
You follow good principles of software engineering like TDD, writing modular, maintainable, clean code, and are used to working in an Agile environment.
- 7+ years programming experience writing latency sensitive applications in Java or equivalent experience in another OO language, with some experience of Java
- 5+ years financial experience at a Hedge Fund, Investment Bank, or Exchange developing financial trading applications in Equity, FX or derivative product markets, either traditional or crypto-based
- Strong engineering skill set with firm grasp of fundamental Computer Science principles and a test-driven approach to software development
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms and algorithm complexity
- Knowledge of execution algos, risk management systems in investment banks, brokers, mutual funds are great bonuses
- Strong desire for software correctness, test driven development and agile practices
- Computer Science/Mathematics/Physics degree preferable
- Nice to have: In depth knowledge of graph algorithms and/or reactive graphs, statistics and stochastics calculus, KDB+
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities within a fast moving industry and startup culture
- Technical mind set with high attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills