Software Development Team Lead at AGFA HealthCare Global (Waterloo, ON, Canada)
Location: Waterloo, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-29 05:00:32
Agfa HealthCare is looking for a driven Software Development Team Lead to be part of building the future in Medical Imaging!
As one of the Team Leads for Enterprise Imaging you will be responsible for leading a group to deliver high value, performant software solutions. You will provide guidance and direction to a team of experienced developers through the design, implementation and automated/integration testing of our software, using agile (scrum) software development methodologies. You will work together with the product owner & scrum master to develop both short and long term plans for the team. You will support developers in their daily work as well as in their long term career growth.
Agfa’s Enterprise Imaging solution gives medical professionals access to medical imaging information securely from any location, on a variety of web-enabled devices combined with dynamic tools for collaboration and workflow management. It is developed in our high tech R&D facility in Waterloo ON where we offer a contemporary office with great benefits including above industry average RRSP matching and an onsite gym.
- In collaboration with the product owner & scrum master; manage 8 – 10 developers as part of multidisciplinary scrum teams that will deliver high quality, innovative software solutions
- Support the team by providing direction, clarity and by removing obstacles.
- Supervise daily development tasks in the team ranging from prototyping, design, implementation, automated testing, troubleshooting, and third tier customer support.
- Manage performance of team members by setting goals and evaluating performance, supporting growth initiative and career planning.
- Drive continuous development process improvements.
- Build collaborative relationships with other teams and stakeholders within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Experience working with agile development methodologies for 3 years or more.
- Experience leading people for 3 years or more.
- Experience leading change in a positive and constructive fashion.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Experience with Java based technologies
- Experience developing or integrating medical software
- Experience with JIRA, Eclipse, Git