Device Integration Engineer Node.js and C/C++ at Labforward GmbH (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-29 05:00:45
Labforward builds software products for laboratories and scientists. We are looking for a Device Integration Engineer (m/w/d) to help bring our IoT platform, Laboperator to the next level. If you are a technology geek willing to work in a vibrant startup with its own products, apply now!
About the job:
- Part of a team that specializes in the development and maintenance of a large collection of drivers
- Coding in-house drivers for numerous scientific devices in Node.js, including unit and regression testing, in a structured and well-documented way
- Developing native Windows applications or software facing native Windows applications in C or C++
- Troubleshooting every step of the device integration, from researching the technical documentation to interacting with our clients in their labs where the devices are located (either remotely or on-site)
- Following agile practices, work as a part of the team and ensure timely delivery
- Optional: Work on the embedded systems code structure and architecture to increase performance and improve integration with our web application
Our current tech stack:
- Industry technologies: SiLA, OPC UA, Modbus, RS232, REST, XML
- Deep interest in device integration
- Proficiency in C or C++ and experience in developing native Windows software and in developing applications that interface native Windows software
- Experience in design and development of standalone Node.js software outside the web development domain
- Good communicator, not afraid to ask questions, and eager to learn from others.
- Comfortable working in an international and distributed team (working language is English).
Nice to have:
- Experience developing for the Raspberry Pi or similar platforms
- Knowledge of serial/network protocols and device/sensor integration