Senior Software Engineer in Test at Steeprock Inc () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-29 05:00:45
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
This position is eligible for remote employement in the United States.
The PositionSteepRock, a 20-year old startup, is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test that can help transition our test team from following a fully manual approach to using a hybrid automated/manual approach. This is a high visibility role that will allow the successful candidate to fundamentally affect the quality, scalability and speed of delivery of our cloud systems. The candidate should be both knowledgable and passionate about testing and testability - leveraging deep experience to guide the team to an exceptional solution. The role offers the opportunity to become a lead member in our growing team. The successful candidate will work initially with the senior technical management as the position becomes established in the company and will eventually lead the SDET group.
- Provide guidance to the team on development of a modern, effective automated test framework
- Review feature specifications and contribute to design for testability
- Write test plans and cases for features
- Write maintainable and efficient automated tests within the test framework
- Debug and improve test cases, scripts and plans within the test suite
- Develop and track metrics to support continuously improving the framework
- Ensure the highest possible quality objectives are always met
- Bring new tools and techniques to the management and team
- 5+ years of experience in a quality engineering role within a software organization
- Strong knowledge & experience building UI automation frameworks
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Excellent communication skills
About This Position:
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits (medical, office expenses, IRA plan) and direct incentive plans. In response to COVID-19, for the time being, all interviewing will be done via video conference.