Sr. Full Stack Software Developer at 6kites () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-29 05:00:47
6kites is seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Developer with 7 or more years of experience, to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone who will show initiative and leadership, to help 6kites meet our objective of consistently building exceptional software. In this position, you’ll help build custom software applications for 6kites’ customers, as well as marketplace apps for our platform partners. You’ll need to be a quick learner with exceptional technical skills who “blows away” everyone you interact with and is passionate about their work. You must be comfortable working directly with customers and partners, tight deadlines, multitasking and context switching, be able to excel in a fast-paced environment, and show an eagerness to take on ever-increasing responsibilities. We operate as a distributed co-virtual team, so being productive as a remote employee is essential.
- Software development, design, and testing
- Analyzing requirements and translating into elegant, scalable, performant code
- Developing and documenting software requirements, designs and architectures
- DevOps, deploying applications to production and test instances
- Supporting existing software applications, diagnosing problems, and resolving issues
- Communicating and interacting with customers
- Managing agile project plans, estimating, and prioritizing deliverables
- Professional experience using one or more backend web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Python, or Java/J2EE
- Experience developing and/or consuming APIs using REST / JSON, AJAX, or other HTTP-based technologies
- Experience designing for and using databases such as Postgres or MySQL
- Ability to interpret UX designs and develop them into beautiful and functional interfaces
- Ability to create and interpret requirements and translate these into highly performant, scalable, and elegant software architectures
- DevOps experience including setting up development and production environments, installing packages, deploying code, shell scripting and automating tasks.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment including experience with unit testing (rspec or similar), test driven development, continuous integration, and scrum/agile planning
- Ability to understand a customer’s business objectives, vision and goals, and to translate these into application design and implementation
- Embrace working with a variety of technical and non-technical customers and team members
- Comfortable moving between development technologies, expanding skills, and eager to learn and take on new challenges
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or Engineering disciplines or equivalent experience
Why you'll love working here
- 6kites is a fast-growing and dynamic environment.
- We are 100% committed to being a high-performing virtual company through work at home and co-working facilities.
- Our customers and partners value and respect us, and we feel the same way towards them. This creates a positive environment for everyone.
- We’re a close-knit team that values collaboration.
- It’s not a fire drill every day. We believe in planning, while still remaining agile and responsive.
- There are many opportunities for ongoing learning, challenging projects, and professional growth.
- We are always trying to “+1” ourselves, and we support ongoing professional development.
- We believe in investing in creative team-building activities. Both virtually and in-person when possible.
- We encourage and support taking time-off to recharge.
- The company is run in an “All Hands” approach. Everyone is encouraged to be involved and provide input on every aspect of the business.
- In everything we do, our company is driven by a common purpose and a careful balance of our shared values. These values drive our systems, and the systems lead to behaviors that allow us to “Blow You Away”.
- We are proud members of Pledge 1% giving our time and a percentage of profits to organizations in need.
- 6kites competitive benefits including health, dental and vision insurance. Company-sponsored retirement plan with matching.
- We value diversity at our company. Our team operates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristic.
6kites is also a proud member of Pledge 1%, so our employees are encouraged and supported to pursue interests in giving back to their communities.