Python Developer at Zyte (formerly Scrapinghub) () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-29 05:00:48
About the Job:
Are you interested in building web crawlers harnessing the Zyte platform, which powers crawls of over 3 billion pages a month?
Do you like working in a company with a strong open source foundation?
Zyte is looking for Software Engineers to join our Delivery team to work on web crawler development with Scrapy, our flagship open source project.
- Design, develop and maintain Scrapy web crawlers
- Leverage the Zyte platform and our open source projects to perform distributed information extraction, retrieval and data processing
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues with distributed crawling at scale
- Help identify, debug and fix problems with open source projects, including Scrapy
Zyte’s platform and Delivery offerings have been growing tremendously over the past couple of years but there are a lot of big projects waiting in the pipeline, and in this role you would be a key part of that process. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Solid Python knowledge.
- Good communication in written English.
- Availability to work full time.
Bonus points for:
- Scrapy experience is a big plus.
- Familiarity with techniques and tools for crawling, extracting and processing data (e.g. Scrapy, NLTK, pandas, scikit-learn, mapreduce, nosql, etc).
- Good spoken English.