Senior Software Engineer (PHP) - Search Experience at NFQ Technologies (Vilnius, Lithuania)
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-30 05:00:06
HomeToGo is one of the best-known clients of NFQ – a dedicated team of 90 of our software engineers and data science professionals develop the innovations behind its business success. As HomeToGo technology partner, we are expanding our team in Lithuania and are ready to hire the brightest talents in the IT market.
HomeToGo is the world's largest search engine for vacation rentals, comparing over 18 million offers from more than 2,000 trusted partners. Founded in 2014, HomeToGo employs more than 250 people and operates 43 websites. From apartments, cabins, boats, castles, hotels, hostels, and everything in between, HomeToGo combines price, destination, dates and amenities to find the perfect accommodation for any trip worldwide.
You will join a dynamic and ambitious tech organisation combining Extreme Programming, DevOps, test-driven and trunk-based development principles to maximise business value. At HomeToGo you will find a strong teamwork culture, clearly defined feedback process, performance evaluations, job leveling system and transparency on company goals - an empowering environment for personal growth and career development. If you seek to make an impact that is visible and can be measured - this could be your next chance.
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (PHP) to join the Search Experience team in Vilnius. In Search Experience, you will mostly work on the search results page - the most visible part of HomeToGo. We serve millions of users daily and, as people say, we only have seconds to make the first impression, thus it’s crucial for us to have the best user experience and we need your help to achieve this goal. Your daily routine will be related to solving challenges with core-search, fetching offers, locations tree, filters, and many other components which help our users to find their best accommodations. In addition to daily coding tasks, you will also help to mentor your colleagues, plan projects from the back-end perspective and suggest measurable improvements to the existing system.
In this role you will
- Work with business to identify the requirements and plan the milestones
- Choose adequate technical and business metrics to monitor features and manage the risk
- Collaborate with the team to create and maintain features
- Mentor your colleagues
- Solve technical design issues
- Help to maintain a healthy codebase
- Suggest your ideas on how to improve your surroundings
What you will bring
- Effective planning and decision-making skills based on measurable outcome
- Experience in writing good code with PHP and Symfony
- Experience in designing and building scalable applications
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition, autonomy and quarterly transparency about company goals. A focus on work-life balance, combined with consistent collaboration and support from a team of 30+ nationalities
- Compensation of attractive salary, health insurance, additional holidays, flexible working hours, training budget, language courses, employee-led workshops, office perks, frequent team building and company events, business trips to Berlin. Salary commensurate with expertise and experience: 4000-7000 EUR gross