Senior Cross-Platform Developer (m/f/d) - For our location in Bonn
Location: Bonn, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-30 05:00:12
We are Scanbot / doo GmbH! We are a German software development company founded in 2011, with business presences in Bonn and San Francisco. Scanbot enables the integration of scanning and data extraction functionalities into existing mobile applications for the insurance, healthcare, logistics, and banking industry. The Software Development Kit (SDK) utilizes highly sophisticated algorithms and machine learning to integrate scanning functionalities and data extraction into any app. More than 200 businesses worldwide use the Scanbot SDK, including DAX 30 and Fortune 500 companies. Scanbot is backed by three venture capital companies: Freigeist, Target Partners, and Evoco.
We are looking for a Senior Cross-Platform Developer (m/f/d) here in Bonn. In this role, you will develop and integrate innovative core features for our successful B2B product Scanbot SDK using the cross-platform frameworks Xamarin & Xamarin.Forms, Flutter, React Native, Cordova, and Capacitor as well as web technologies like WebAssembly. You will be joining an experienced, multicultural, and enthusiastic team, with lots of great opportunities for professional, and personal growth. Your code will be used by millions of users every month!
What you will be doing
- Help architect, build, iterate, and manage our SDK.
- Integrate existing and new functionality into our cross-platform wrappers.
- Develop and maintain our SDK example apps for iOS, Android, and Web.
- Research and develop plugin solutions for new cross-platform technologies.
- Partner closely with product management to continuously improve our product offering.
- Help to raise the overall skill and quality level through pairing, design/code reviews.
- Design and implement automated tests.
- Investigate and fix bugs reported by the QA team and our customers.
- Improve the cutting edge scanning and data extraction SDK.
- Research and use new technologies like AI and ML.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of experience in developing Android and iOS applications is desirable.
- Good programming skills in Kotlin, Java, Swift, and Objective-C.
- Willingness to become a good coder in all of them.
- Experience with at least two of the following cross-platform technologies: Cordova or Capacitor, React - Native, Flutter, Xamarin, WebAssembly. Willingness to become an expert in all of them.
- Experience with web frameworks like Angular, React or Vue.js is a plus.
- Understanding of Android and iOS design principles.
- Experience with common software development tools like git (GitHub), bug, and issue tracking (JIRA).
- Fluency in English.
- Experiences in the following areas would be a plus:
- Experience in testing mobile and web apps (unit and integration tests).Fluency in German or other languages.
What you can expect from us
- Responsibility from the day you start.
- Flat hierarchies with the opportunity to influence the company from the beginning.
- An experienced and inspiring team that is willing to ship improvements and features continuously.
- A multitude of possibilities to improve professionally and personally.
- A “get it done” policy and fast decision making in a motivated, diverse, and open-minded team.
- A lived, mutual feedback culture.
- Be part of a company with sustained strong growth - we are just getting started.
- State of the art tools and equipment (latest MacBooks / mobile devices/displays).
- Beautiful and modern office right next to the Rhine river.
- Easily accessible by train and car from the whole Cologne / Bonn area.
- An agile and flexible way of working.
- Sweet and healthy snacks and a large selection of drinks.
- "Come as you are Dresscode".
- Lived Work-life balance.
- And many more benefits.