Android Software Engineer at eyeo GmbH () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-30 05:00:22
What you’ll do
You will help improve Adblock Browser, our Chromium-based browser for Android with integrated ad-blocking and a focus on performance and privacy.
After your morning coffee, you’ll be expected to...
- Develop new features, using mainly your Java skills, but with some bits of C++ and Python
- Dive deep into a large codebase to integrate new features or optimize performance while striving for high ad-blocking quality
- Keep up with changes related to Chromium versions and integrate our features on top of its codebase
- Ensure the stability of our product via automated tests, code reviews and collaboration with your QA colleagues
- Review your colleagues merge requests and think of ways to improve our code quality
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience in Java and a good understanding of the Android platform
- Always keen to learn new technologies and programming languages
- Experience developing and unit testing mobile applications, ideally Android native
- The motivation to familiarize yourself with a large codebase and a customized build process.
- You are comfortable working under Linux and having to use the command line rather than a special tool for some tasks.
- Experience designing the architecture of software components
- Familiarity with agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Proactive problem solver with a good attitude
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
A little bit about the team you’ll work with
The Distribution Partnerships Unit works on growing eyeo’s number of users by finding and collaborating with partners that help us scale our user base. Our partners include leading players in the browser and OEM markets. We collaborate closely with them to integrate ad-blocking technologies into their projects by maintaining and constantly improving the SDKs that make this integration easy. We add features and functionality based on their feedback, as well as new trends in the markets around us.The Adblock Browser team helps internal teams improve and optimize the products they’re delivering to partners. Integrating our adblocking products in Adblock Browser generates interesting insights about the performance and mobile browsing user needs. On top of that, the team also develops new features based on user feedback and internal research.
When applying, please include a code sample or, preferably, references to open source projects you’ve worked on.