Quantitative Developer at bp plc (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-30 05:00:23
The Optimisation Developer will be responsible for the analysis, development and operation of existing LNG optimisation software for BP's global LNG business. He or she reports to the Optimisation Delivery Lead and is involved in all aspects of delivery and support.
The Role...This is a unique role well positioned to create substantial value for the business and requires a results-driven, enthusiastic individual with the right mix of analytical, software development and communication skills.As part of the role, the Optimisation Developer will work closely with:
- Trading Analysts and Trading Operators to optimise various aspects of BP's LNG operations, ranging from efficient logistical operations (shipping scheduling) to ensuring our portfolios are kept optimal (maximising P&L by unlocking value via optionality and improving contract model pricing accuracy).
- Most the individual's time will be focused in writing code, while pursuing software engineering best practices for design, building and testing. High-quality documentation, traceability and knowledge sharing is expected.
- Additionally, the Optimisation Developer will work directly with the Optimisation Delivery Lead on the evolution of the current technology platform in place.
What you will be doing for us...
- Work closely with the optimisation team, and users to enhance a simple, functional, maintainable and clean user interface (UI) following best practices.
- Resolve bugs and issues with the UI, working directly with the business.
- Understand how users interact with the UI, their business processes, their keys concerns – and feed this back into UI development.
- Work closely with the business to create value for the business through LNG optimisation.
What you will bring to us...
- Advanced knowledge of Java and associated ecosystem (Java 8, Maven, GIT, Jenkins, RESTful Web Services).
- Commercial Experience working with rich client desktop technologies like JavaFX/Swing.
- Strive for excellence and continuous improvement in software architecture, Agile methods and build systems.
- Ability to work closely with the business in the Front Office, draw out their requirements and design and implement suitable solutions.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present ideas well graphically as well as verbally.
The other tech stuff...
- Commercial experience working with Spring Boot, JPA, BDD, Cucumber, Kerberos, AWS, Ansible, Docker, Openshift.
Academia & Education...
- Computer Science, Maths and/or A technical graduate degree from a recognized university