Software Engineer - Technical Platform at zooplus AG () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-30 05:00:25
We are looking for a Java Software Engineer to join our Core Applications and Technology Services at zooplus.
zooplus is the largest e-commerce pet store in Europe.
We work on a highly available apps, traffic routing and want to develop applications to improve the platform that serves close to 1M customers every day.
You will develop web app designed to compose a page from multiple, often slowly responding, components (that includes routing to multiple backend, caching responses and using circuit breakers for latency and fault tolerance), is based on Java (Spring) everything is on the cloud AWS/JVM, We use Redis for Cache.
Other tools: CDNs, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins.
You will be responsible for:
- Building systems that handles live traffic
- Developing complete solutions, not only writing code
- Creating modern web apps using Java-based technology stack, as well as cloud-based tools and microservices architecture
- Encouraging passion to automate anything boring or repetitive
- Embracing DevOps mindset and owning your solutions
- Taking part in the entire software delivery process, from the business need to daily maintenance
- Building trust and cooperation between teams across the company