Senior Android Developer at Nikola Corporation (Phoenix, AZ)
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-30 05:00:26
This role is based at our Phoenix, AZ HQ, and would require relocation to the Phoenix area.This is a Regular Full-Time position, no Corp-to-Corp inquires pleaseCome join the Nikola Motor’s Vehicle Software Team as a Sr. Android Developer. To create and provide first in class mobile applications for vehicle management in mobile platforms pushing the boundaries of what is possible with leading edge technology.
Our team culture is a talented group of multifunctional engineers with a broad range of skills enabling us to create end to end internal solutions to difficult problems.
We work in a field where the technology is changing daily, but that technology will forever change the world as we know it. Get to know a team and a culture who are learning and discovering daily, and who are developing the technology that everyone will know by name in 5-7 years from now.
What you’ll own:
Design, develop and test high quality Android applications using leading edge technologies.
Document functionality and ensure that APIs are clearly defined.
Develop and execute test plans.
Are you capable of:
Developing Android applications end to end independently.
Communicate clearly and effectively with the team.
Collaborate with team members as well as internal and external stakeholders.
Coding to a design specification.
Having fun and enjoying the fast-paced, but work-life balance environment.
What you “MUST” already bring to the table:
- BS, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering OR equivalent (and proven) work experience in a software-related field.
- 4-7 years of strong and proven Android development expertise.
- Solid Kotlin & Java know-how is a must!
- Expert in Android app design, and a thorough understanding of application architecture.
- Familiar with the practice of Continuous Integrations (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD).
Additional Profile Characteristic Preferred:
- Use of the Android Compose Framework.
- Familiar with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) android integrations.
- Knowledge of hardware-to-Android integrations.
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada.
This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.