Software Development Manager at Oracle (Redwood City, CA)
Location: Redwood City, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-30 05:00:27
Oracle’s Database Cloud development group designs and develops the Database-as-a-Service platform that drives Oracle's Database, Engineered Systems, Oracle Public Cloud, Oracle PaaS and SaaS offerings. This team is a provider of public cloud database and infrastructure management software and helps companies manage platform resources to deliver service, quality and availability, as well as workloads in private and hybrid cloud environments. The Database Cloud Platform team is responsible for designing, developing and delivering the Oracle Database product on Public Cloud Platforms. These range from initial provisioning of customer’s database and compute environment to complete life-cycle management of the customer’s database instance on the Oracle Public Cloud. The Database on Public Cloud product is growing rapidly and the product features are designed to manage customer environments at a massive scale.
Oracle's Database Cloud Development team is looking for a Software Development Manager to be responsible for leading a team of engineers working on architecture, design, prototype and development of various aspects of Database on Cloud releases. This is a technical management position, working at the center of Oracle’s Database Cloud initiatives. Successful candidate will develop a deep understanding of all Oracle Database Cloud products including Engineered Systems in public and private cloud and will be responsible for the life cycle frameworks of such, including installation and provisioning. Framework and tooling created will be used by every single Oracle Database Cloud customer, and plays the central role of enabling and managing customer needs within Oracle’s Public Cloud and Cloud @ Customer offerings. As a technical lead for the team, you will work on projects that solve complex technical problems that provide substantial customer value. You will be in daily interaction with key architects and engineers within Oracle, along with senior managers and leaders across Database and Cloud initiatives. You will work with team members spread across the globe. This is an extremely challenging, very fast paced, extremely rewarding and highly visible position. Projects are developed leveraging leading Oracle technologies such as Oracle Database, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and using programming languages / tools that include Java, Perl, Python, SQL, PL/SQL, XML, JSON, REST API and deployed on cloud based infrastructure. Responsibilities
- Leading a team of engineers working across the globe on architecture, design and implementation of the Oracle Database Cloud features and cloud features on Engineered Systems.
- Take responsibility for execution and timely delivery of the features.
- Play a cross-functional role working with architects, product management, QA, documentation, operations and support teams. Interact with customers as needed.
- Participate in transformational projects to deliver scalable, extensible and differentiated Platform-as-a-Service on the Cloud
- Hands on technical knowledge for envisioning, designing and creating frameworks and tools supporting all life cycle operations needed for successful technical management of the life cycle of Oracle Database Cloud Services, including install/provisioning, upgrades, patching etc.
- Develop deep technical and domain understanding in all areas of the Oracle Database and Engineered Systems Cloud offerings.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related fields. A minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 2 years in Cloud technologies and 2 years in a management position
- Able to lead and mentor a team of engineers. Experience working in cross-functional role and with global teams will be an advantage.
- Background with excellent programming skills (especially in Java, Perl or Python) as well as in all other technical skills necessary for excellence in all stages of product development.
- Experience working with Cloud infrastructure APIs, REST API model and developing REST APIs
- Strong Database Management knowledge and understanding of the Database eco-system
- Ability to design large, scalable systems for enterprise customers
- Concepts of multi-tenancy, DB-as-a-Service (DBaaS) or similar (PaaS, IaaS), cloud security, virtualization and Service Level Availability a strong plus
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced and challenging environment