Full Stack Developer at Nominet () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-30 05:00:27
NEVER HEARD OF NOMINET?
Our name may not be familiar, but you probably use our services every single day – ever visited a website ending in a .uk?
We’ve been running the national internet namespace for a quarter of a century, sitting proudly at the heart of the UK's critical digital infrastructure.
Such a responsibility requires world-leading cyber security and we’re gaining a reputation for our innovative new security solutions, protecting our own systems and beyond.
But we’re also a profit with a purpose business. We invest in making a positive impact of the lives that are being most disrupted in our digital age: young people. We’re known as one of the UK’s leading ‘tech for good’ funders and the commitment to building a connected, secure and inclusive digital future drives everything we do. It’s not just rhetoric – ask our staff.
THE BEST BITS
At Nominet you can expect a competitive salary (depending on experience of course), plus excellent benefits including 30 days holidays, Healthcare, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Wellbeing allowance, Flex benefits and remote working
ABOUT OUR ROLE
As a Full Stack Software Developer working in the Cyber Security Product team. you will be a crucial part of our team whose role is to design and Implement features that solve our customers' business challenges.
A passionate team player that flourishes on delivering challenging solutions in a dynamic environment. Collaborating with other stakeholders, you will focus on designing creative solutions, implementing them and releasing them as part of the software releases that enhance Nominet’s ground-breaking DNS Analytics and Threat Intelligence Platform.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Working within a dynamic and highly innovative team, you will be responsible for maintaining existing platforms as well as developing new features and enhancements. In addition to this, you will have a great opportunity to work with our product owner in order to provide your expertise and input into the development of our next generation platform which will support Governments in the UK and overseas.
As we change our technical stack, you will have the opportunity to showcase your technical skills whilst learning new ones and expanding your exposure and expertise to cloud technologies such as AWS and Kubernetes
In a nutshell, you will be responsible for
- Developing and maintaining Nominet Cyber Solutions products – specifically our ground-breaking Digital Roaming platform
- Solving complex problems and taking responsibility for key design decisions
- Investigating and engaging with new trends, technologies, packages and libraries
- Packaging software for continuous delivery/deployment
- Working within Agile Environment
In addition to taking pride in your work to develop the best user experience and functionality for our customers you will be technical strong in the following areas.
- Strong programming skills in Java and / or Python
- In-depth experience of API Development
- UI / UX experience
- Highly proficient with Java script, working with frameworks including React JS and Angular JS
- Strong knowledge of HTML5, CSS3
- Knowledge of AJAX, current web standards, trends and patterns.
- Database experience at the Back End
- Familiarity with Git version control system
- Experience or exposure to AWS, Kubernetes, authentication and Certificates will be highly regarded
In addition to these core technical skills, you will also demonstrate :
- Implementation of clean, robust, thoroughly-tested, maintainable, and standards-compliant code (that leverages frameworks where possible) in an agile working environment ·
- Working from a prototype and collaborating with researchers to deliver production-ready systems ·
- Working on a breadth of technologies whilst ensuring a coherent, high-performing solution
- Ability to scrutinise and provide feedback on specifications ·
- Ability to produce documentation that is well-structured and well written
WHAT NOW ?
Hit the “Apply Button” to take the first step and one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch soon !