Business Systems Analyst II at AIMCo (Edmonton, AB, Canada)
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-30 05:00:27
Are you an individual with keen interest in Technology and Finance, eager to refine your experience with a best-in-class fintech applications? Do you want to contribute to the execution of large-scale projects to support the growing needs of organization? If this sounds like you, the Business Systems Analyst II role in our Delivery team might be your next career adventure!
Highly successful Business System Analysts share many of the same characteristics. They are self-starting, intellectually curious, results focused with exceptional problem solving, programming, analytic and communications skills. They are relationship builders and able to interact with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders. They support one another through challenges and enthusiastically celebrate team accomplishments. Business System Analysts often are champions of continuous improvement and helping their technology and business peers succeed. They tend to see a problem as an opportunity and collaborate to generate best possible solutions.
A Business Systems Analyst II in the Delivery team provides comprehensive application expertise to deliver projects to support AIMCo business objectives, as well as maximize the potential of available information technology applications and systems. Your work will play a critical role in ensuring the accurate and timely valuation of AIMCo’s $118 B investment portfolio.
- Support the Business Technology (BT) delivery manager, project managers and business stakeholders to facilitate the successful completion of the projects
- Work with vendor and Business Technology teams on execution of projects, through initiation, planning, build, testing, deployment and close out phases
- Provide analytical, consultative, and technical services to support development and maintenance of business processes and workflows for Calypso and Charles River applications
- Resolves routine questions and problems, conducts basic to intermediate root cause analysis, conducts generic research into issues and alternative solutions while referring more complex issues and research to higher levels
- Analyzing business and user needs, documenting basic requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties under the guidance and direction of senior team members
- Identify and communicate potential risks and possible solutions to ongoing projects
- Identify and seek areas of improvement and automation for repeatable tasks and processes
- Designing, configuring, integrating and maintaining applications and interfaces using various programming languages and tools
- Embracing accountability, enhanced decision making and integrity to deliver on our cultural commitment of Doing Business the Right Way.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to AIMCo’s core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity and collaboration, and inspires the same in others
- Diploma or degree in Finance, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Ideally brings 3+ years experience developing and maintaining source code for Java applications using technologies such as Eclipse, Azure DevOps, Maven, Git, Ant and Gradle
- Ideally brings 3+ years of experience in working with Oracle relational database
- Possesses a minimum of 3 years experience writing and maintaining data/system integrations between applications using, SQL and Java, C# or .Net
- Understanding of various financial instrument life cycle events or desire to learn
- Understanding of ITIL, DevOps and Agile methodologies would be beneficial
- Familiarity with SimCorp Dimension, Bloomberg, Charles River, Calypso, Eagle, Murex and integration platforms is an asset
- Thrives under pressure and takes a proactive approach to problem solving
- Adept at managing multiple, concurrent deadlines and shifting priorities
- Passion for continuous learning and excellent team player
- Excellent Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
12-month success will be achieved by having a strong understanding of AIMCo’s investment workflows, lifecycle events and related processes which are required to deliver various projects for the front, middle and back office teams. The successful Business Systems Analyst will also have a clear understanding of the business needs and provide support in various phases of the project lifecycle to ensure the team is providing exceptional business value.
Benefits and Rewards
- Exciting special project work and stretch assignments
- Ongoing training, coaching and educational reimbursement programs
- Health care spending account and onsite fitness facilities