Principal Data Scientist at bp plc (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-30 05:01:01
Join us at Bp creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive, while transitioning to a net zero world. All while we build and develop how we apply data science across bp.
Together we are:
- Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors.
- Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs.
- Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive.
About the job:
Leading, growing and developing a team of data scientists to derive actionable business insights from data and design, plan, prototype, productionize, deploy, maintain and document reliable and scalable data science solutions in complex environments to yield large business and customer impact.
Creates positive engagement and drives an inclusive work environment through the quality of interactions and collaboration across our business.
Advocates for and ensures the team adheres to data science standard methodologies (e.g. technical design, technical design review, unit testing, monitoring & alerting, checking in code, code review, documentation),
Responsible for deploying secure and well-tested software that meets privacy and compliance requirements.
Actively contributes to improve developer velocity and mentor others.
- Significant experience leading, growing and developing a large data science team
- Deep and hands-on experience in designing, planning, prototyping, productionizing, deploying, maintaining and documenting reliable and scalable data science solutions in complex environments that have yielded large business and customer impact
- Demonstrable expertise in deriving actionable insights from data and quantifying business impact, e.g. via product experiments.
- Familiarity with data infrastructure and data management technologies.
- Development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++); advanced SQL knowledge.
- Strong positive influencing and ability to lead large organizations.
- Experience creating, leading, growing and developing a data science team of domain experts.
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset.
- BS degree or higher in a quantitative field.
- No prior experience in the energy industry required.
At bp, we provide the following environments & benefits:
A company culture where we respect our diverse teams and are proud of our achievements
- Possibility to join social communities and networks
- A healthy work-life balance
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- Learning and development opportunities to craft your career path
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- And many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.