Staff Data Engineer, dataWorx at bp plc (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-30 05:01:01
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Because together we are:
- Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors.
- Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs.
- Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive.
About the job:
As the Staff Data Engineer in Digital Customers & Markets will work on a variety of data engineering projects across our customer facing businesses; combining technical expertise with a strong eye for business and data domain knowledge to create value for bp.
A chance to lead teams and stay hands on, writing and reviewing code, architecting distributed data systems and providing actionable insights in technical design reviews.
- Create positive engagement and drives an inclusive work environment, through quality interactions and collaboration across our business.
- Architect and design reliable and scalable data infrastructure.
- Advocate for and ensure your team adheres to software engineering best practices.
- Responsible for deploying secure and well-tested software that meets privacy and compliance requirements in line with SLAs
- Service reliability and following site-reliability engineering best practices including on-call rotation.
- Actively contributes to improve developer velocity.
Experience leading, growing and developing data engineering teams.
- Deep, hands-on experience designing, planning, productionizing, maintaining and documenting reliable and scalable data infrastructure and data products in complex environments
- Development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++)
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems
- Strong stakeholder management and ability to lead large organizations through influence
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset
- BS degree in computer science or related field
- No prior experience in the energy industry required
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits:
A company culture where we respect our diverse teams and are proud of our achievements
- Possibility to join social communities and networks
- A healthy work-life balance
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- Learning and development opportunities to craft your career path
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- And many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.