Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-01 05:00:11
Or Email: [email protected]
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
Within our Technology group, our growing firm wide Application Support team is looking for a Software Developer. We are looking for an experienced Developer with excellent technical knowledge of MS Dynamics 365 and related Microsoft cloud solutions. You’ll be strategically assisting with solution design, technical implementation and customer support of MS Dynamics 365, SharePoint Online, among other tools.
You will have an opportunity to deepen your skills and expertise as you develop and manage site content and capabilities and provide daily onsite maintenance of existing SharePoint applications. You will contribute to the design and development of CRM using the latest Microsoft technologies including Azure, and Dynamics 365. You will also be participating in the testing/QA process throughout. You will learn something new every day and be a major influence in how our clients and colleagues work.
This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with key stakeholders and become known as a trusted advisor within the Application Support team, the Technology team and across the firm. It’s a chance to tap into your knowledge, passion and deep experience; a chance to contribute meaningfully to our purpose - to help our clients, colleagues and communities thrive.
This role can sit anywhere in Canada that is accessible to a Grant Thornton LLP Canada office.
As a Software Developer, you will:
- Act as SharePoint expert to help clients align business needs with SharePoint features and functionality.
- Develop software solutions by reviewing requirements analysis and information needs with Business Information System managers and Business Analysts.
- Design solutions using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions.
- Document solutions by developing documentation according to established standards, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, and code comments.
- Architect, design, develop, implement and provide maintenance within SharePoint and Office 365 applications
- Participate in implementation customization and configuration for Dynamics 365 solutions
- Code, test, debug and document software solutions using appropriate processes, tools, frameworks, libraries, patterns, best practices and standards
- Participate in integration and migration (write scripts) of content from various platforms into SharePoint
- Responsible for customizing and developing SharePoint components, including but not limited to, Web Parts, Discussion Boards, User Interface Design, Forms and Lists
- Contribute to the technical direction of the Application Infrastructure practice, the solution offerings and certifications
- Evaluate tasks and meet timelines
- Design custom applications to automate or simplify tasks
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Software Developer? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (engineering or information systems related field)
- Possess 5 - 7 years of experience in development and .NET platform (C#, ASP.NET, PowerShell)
- 3+ years of Microsoft Dynamics applications (CRM) product experience and processes along with experience in other MS Dynamics modules
- Experience implementing and customizing Dynamics CRM and Dynamics 365
- Possess 3 - 5 years of experience with SharePoint 2013, 2016, SPO, Office 365 (development, maintenance)
- Development of SharePoint Core solutions
- Experience with Visual Studio, Power Apps, MS Flow and SharePoint Designer
- Experience with SDK and 3rd party tools for Dynamics 365 CE/CDS/Power Apps
- Experience with Project Server setup, configuration and administration and integration with Microsoft Power BI
- Experience with SharePoint integrations (D365, HRM systems, etc.)
- Experience with SQL Server, AWS, Azure and SaaS
- Transferable Microsoft certification in development, architecture, or cloud applications
- Attention to detail and ability to function in a dynamic and demanding work environment
- Ability to analyze business requirements and propose solutions
- Ability to produce technical and functional documentation
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform unit testing based on scenarios
- Autonomy and sense of responsibility
- Aptitude for continuous learning
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?