GraalVM Business Development at Oracle (Madrid, Spain)
Location: Madrid, Spain
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-01 05:00:23
GraalVM is an “extremely high” optimizing compiler and runtime for Java applications. GraalVM (now an entitlement with any Java SE subscription license) allows customers to run newly developed and legacy applications (cloud or on-prem) with a significant increase in performance; while reducing the amount of resources (CPU and Memory) that are consumed by the application. Using GraalVM, customers (users of Java) will realize a reduction in the cost of operating applications, and experience improved security, as well as better customer service levels. This can be accomplished quickly; without any code changes, or significant operational changes.
The Oracle “Java Team” is seeking qualified individuals to fill the role of Business Development Manager in pursuit of the following objective(s):
- Introduce GraalVM features and functions to existing and new Oracle Java clients.
- Sponsor joint (Oracle/customer) projects that result in the frequent use and adoption of GraalVM among current Java customer(s).
- Initiate a GraalVM reference base resulting in Java customer retention through the expanded use of these features.
Job Description: The qualified individual will:
- Assist the Java Enterprise and Renewal Sales Teams to target, identify, and qualify existing and new Java clients for initial engagement, presentation and discussion of GraalVM features.
- Collaborate with the Oracle account teams (where needed) to identify appropriate personnel and opportunity within targeted accounts.
- Position value added GraalVM initiatives/projects with Oracle Java customers.
- Encourage the frequent use and adoption of GraalVM within the Oracle Java client base.
- Assist the Java Sales Consultant Team with the scheduling and management of GraalVM “Project Management” activities within Oracle clients.
- POCs, Gaining Executive Sponsorship, Reporting POC results, Resource coordination etc.
- Participate in high level “Project Tracking” to assist with internal GraalVM usage/project awareness.
- Assist to establish a base for GraalVM “customer success” and “reference-ability”.
- Work with Oracle Consulting Services and Oracle services partners to manage customer projects.
Skills, Requirements, and Responsibilities: Qualified individuals must demonstrate (through the interview process and documented experience) excellent communication, meeting coordination, and teamwork/collaborative skills. A significant background in sales (preferably large account and enterprise software sales) is required. In addition, a technical aptitude and/or prior application programming experience is desired but not necessarily required. Consulting experience is also a plus.
Since GraalVM is an introductory offer, experience in positioning “start-up” companies and products using innovative methods to present/communicate complex ideas is desirable.
Candidates for the Business Development Manager position must be willing to travel to conduct business at the customer location (50%).
Prior Experience: The successful candidate will have a subset of the following (not necessarily all):
- 7+ Years in Enterprise Software Sales
- 5+ years large account sales (Fortune 500 customers)
- 5+ years start-up sales and/or technical consulting
- 5+ years Business Development
- 5+ years Sales Consulting Experience
- 5+ years Technical Consulting Experience
- 2-3 Years Project Management