Data Engineer at RELEX (Helsinki, Finland)
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-01 05:00:25
We are now looking for a full-time Data Engineer to join our RELEX family in Helsinki.
What you’ll be doing:
The RELEX platform consists of multiple inter-connected applications – Work, Plan, Store and Connect. As the systems grow and integration requirements become more complex, the Data Engineering team at RELEX ensures that data is shared between applications in a structured, predictable and observable manner.
As an internal team our focus is simple - We deliver data where and when it’s needed. The volumes are high, latencies need to be low and the pipelines need to be highly reliable. In order to achieve our goals, we are now looking for a Data Engineer to join our team in Helsinki, Finland. The engineer will join a fast-moving team that is building a platform for delivering and analyzing data between our different applications via a message bus setup based on Apache Kafka.
What are we looking for:
While we prefer candidates with a strong data engineering background, we are open to considering “all-rounder” candidates with demonstrable experience in building and delivering large scale data intensive applications. We highly value stability, ability to learn and ability to deliver under demanding conditions.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Solid experience with public cloud infrastructure and managed third party cloud services such as Aiven. At RELEX we use Azure.
- Hands on experience with provisioning, running, optimizing and maintaining large scale highly available Kafka or other messaging platforms.
- Strong knowledge of Kafka security models, performance tuning its impact on client application architecture.
- Experience with fault tolerance, recovery, monitoring and alerting in large scale Kafka implementations will be highly desirable.
- Experience in managing and provisioning big data infrastructure using Terraform, ARM or CloudFormation is highly desirable
- Good understanding of distributed systems and architectures
- Strong programming skills in Java/Scala/Python
- Strong Linux and Unix skills
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes is highly desirable
- Eye for detail. Experience in testing and TDD would be advantageous
- Experience with Kafka and Stream processing engines such as Flink, Spark Streaming, Beam or Storm would be advantageous
What we consider as an advantage:
Besides having the relevant technical skills, we value the ability to reason, to break down problems into manageable pieces, and to question and consider alternatives. You are realistic and are able to strike a balance between deadlines, deliverables and perfection.
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply by sending your [cover letter and resume] through the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 6th of May. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
Due to the severity of COVID-19, we’ve moved to a remote working mode. Restrictions being in place, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews, and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on the country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.