Node.js Backend Engineer at Percona Staffing LLC () (allows remote)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-01 05:00:38
We’re looking for a remote full-time Node.js engineer who will act as an internal systems developer building and maintaining applications for central IT integrating and enhancing various systems with custom development in Node.JS and Python. Your customers are internal and your job is to automate their daily routines and care of highly confidential and valuable data.
What You Will Do
- Bring industry expertise in Software Engineering to a small software team
- Extend a Node.js-based application stack built for integration between various SaaS tools, Slack chatbot, and Elasticsearch/Kibana integration on a Docker framework
- Work closely and communicate with end-users and operational teams to understand, extend, and document your code
- Push forward into learning and bringing new technologies and solutions in-house
- Act as a point of escalation for Service Desk
- Familiarity with Docker and related development concepts
- Strong time management and self-guided work
- Software engineering modern practices: Agile, Git version control, Documentation, Testing, etc.
- Designing data models for both relational and NoSQL databases
- Understanding best practices of integration of distributed systems
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience designing APIs and integration scripts
- Experience developing Python or Golang apps
- Experience with Docker orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Convox, etc.)
- Experience with different types of asynchronous jobs and understanding their advantages and limits, and how they may be combined
- Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce permissions, roles, reports, etc.