Software Engineer (Go) - OneID (UK only, 100% remote) at Digital Identity Net () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-01 05:00:46
Digital Identity Net & OneID
At Digital Identity Net we are empowering everyone to control their online identity. Our digital identity product, OneID®, allows people in the UK to prove who they are online. We follow open standards to build OneID® and use the Open Banking infrastructure in the UK.
Our backend is implemented in Go (golang) as a set of microservices which speak gRPC and runs on Google's Cloud Run platform. We document our evolving architecture in a set of architecture decision records. Our service has continuous deployment and all our infrastructure is defined in code.
We are looking for someone to join our developer team as we get ready for pilot and wider launch later this year. We’re a small multidisciplinary team with a supportive culture, we’re always learning and improving.
What you will be doing:
- Development (Golang) – producing tested, working code that is understood by your peers
- Agile ways of working – active participant and see the value of working following agile principles
- Cloud (Google Cloud Platform) – working with cloud technologies, we use Google Cloud Platform
- Documentation – writing technical documentation when it’s needed and communicate technical concepts to colleagues in front of a whiteboard or over a video call
- Remote working – working and collaborating with remote team members
- Support – participate in our out-of-hours support rota (yet to be established)
What we are looking for in you:
- You are a collaborator, generous about sharing what you know and always open to learning from others
- You are pragmatic, take action, and make decisions when faced with uncertainty
Qualification & Experience:
- Producing tested software in the Go programming language, or a keen interest in learning Go
- Experience in working with public cloud technology, ideally Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of core web technologies and how they are secured