Android Developer at Senseye (Austin, TX) (allows remote)
Location: Austin, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-02 05:00:20
Senseye is a computational neuroscience company based in Austin, TX that uses high-resolution video footage of the eye to quantify previously inaccessible cognitive insights. Unlike conventional technologies like functional magnetic resonance imaging or electroencephalography, Senseyes approach to quantifying brain activity is massively scalable and accessible with just a mobile phone. To date Senseye has built and validated solutions to measure cognitive load and cognitive impairment. We're looking for a badass Android Developer that loves solving meaningful problems to join our team in Austin and/or remote. We are a diverse group of people with a broad range of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives who have a lot of work to do and would love to have your help in achieving our visionary goals.
What You Do
- Work with our team to define, build, test, and deploy an innovative Android mobile app enabling our customers to interact with Senseyes API.
- Partner with our Product Manager and Project Owners in defining, designing, and building a user-friendly experience that meets the needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Provide technical leadership by defining the architecture, design, and coding of a high-quality app that excels in usability, scalability, performance, and security
- Actively participate in the agile software development process to ensure timely and successful delivery of valued features to users
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Develop reference applications against our REST API
What You Need to be Successful in This Position
- 2+ years of experience building consumer mobile applications: Have shipped Android apps developed with Kotlin.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to properly architect mobile applications
- Significant experience managing mobile app development and releasing apps on the Google Play Store
- Hands-on experience with developer tooling (Android Studio, Simulators, and testing)
- REST APIs and release engineering for mobile platforms
- Able to build software with a focus on quality and testability
- Familiarity with agile development processes
- Ability to work in a dynamic startup environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Enjoys a challenging project in a friendly environment
- The ability and willingness to work with any language, building both front-end mobile prototypes and simple back-end applications. Previous prototyping experience and knowledge in prototyping tools and data analytics are considered a plus
- The freedom and trust to define your role as we design, build, and ship our products
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- Flexible paid time off (vacation, sick leave, and public holidays)
- Flexible schedules
- Company health care plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life insurance policy
- Commuter benefits for parking, public transit, carshares, etc.
- Mothers' room
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Opportunities for continuing education
Did you know that women apply for open jobs only if they think they meet 100 percent of the criteria listed? Men will apply to that same posting if they feel they meet 60 percent of the requirements.
We know that not everyone comes from the same background, has had the same experiences, or education, and we wouldnt want it any other way. Dont worry about checking every single box, instead we want you to bring your own unique outlook to the team, whatever that might be!