Senior Software Engineer at SAP (Allen, TX)
Location: Allen, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-02 05:00:22
Requisition ID: 283660Work Area: Software-Development OperationsExpected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: ProfessionalEmployment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP Concur, market leader in integrated travel, expense and invoice management, has embarked on a journey to re-imagine business travel. In an industry that’s becoming increasingly more complex with suppliers launching new differentiated product bundles and rich merchandising offers, we have an opportunity to completely re-think the end-to-end shop and book experience. We are building our next generation Online Booking Tool from the ground up and in new technologies in order to guide the business traveler to make informed decisions while helping companies meet their objectives around policy compliance and budget control.
We’re looking for multiple Senior Software Engineers to help build the next-generation microservices using cloud-first concepts and technologies including containerization, serverless architecture, and increased use of NoSQL data stores.
Value You Deliver
- Design, development & delivery of new features as part of agile team
- Design and write services in one or more of Go lang, Kotlin, Java, and deploy using Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, and AMI-based pipelines.
- Mentor junior developers andlead scrumteams by setting positive examples.
- Own cloud services end to end, implementing distributed systems using AWS services and best practices such as zero-downtime production deployments, canaries, frequent deployments, and feature-flag-driven development.
- Execute with an enterprise cloud mindset to deliver on security, compliance, and infrastructure initiatives with engineering program management
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in a technology related field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) required.
- 5 to 7 years of professional software development experience
- Proficient in writing clean and scalable code using one or more of Go, Java or Kotlin programming languages.
- DevOps mentality with an understanding of Continuous Delivery and Observability
- Experience with Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, and a broad array of AWS primitives such as EC2, AMIs, EKS, Dynamo, etc.
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity and a lack of fear for learning something new. You should be open to learn from others and willing to help mentor and teach.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with technical product managers, architects and technical leads
- Hands-on experience with cloud native solutions
- Experience in Travel Technologies a plus
The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering optimal solutions and challenging the status quo. To be successful in this role, you will thrive in an agile environment where teams work together toward a common goal.
This position is based in Allen/Pano, TX post Covid.
Company DescriptionSAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.SAP Concur is the world’s leading provider of integrated travel, expense and invoice management solutions. We imagine the way the world should work, offering cloud-based services that make it simple to manage travel and expenses. By connecting data, applications, and people, Concur delivers an effortless experience and total transparency into spend wherever and whenever it happens. Concur services adapt to individual employee preferences and scale to meet the needs of companies from small to large, so they can focus on what matters most.
WHAT YOU GET FROM USSuccess is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:[email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: C[email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.Additional Locations: