Senior Full Stack Developer (Remote) at Oracle (Kitchener, ON, Canada)
Location: Kitchener, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-02 05:00:23
One word —Transformation.
At NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems.
Transform your career at NetSuite
At NetSuite we work hard, and we work smart. We hire individuals that are fearless trail blazers. NetSuite employees take the hill: we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission and we pause to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate, because if you don’t have fun along the way, then what’s the point?
- Drive the design and implementation of reliable software solutions that will solve critical customer problems across multiple domains and are scalable, secure and easy to maintain.
- Provide technical leadership and be a role model/coach to software engineers in applying design and coding best practices.
- Actively stay abreast of industry best practices, share learnings, and be willing to experiment.
- Pioneer innovations that help transform the developer experience and generate creative ideas for emerging business needs
What you'll bring
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related area or equivalent experience
- 7+ years total experience delivering enterprise class applications
- 4+ years of experience in mid-tier like Node.js, Java, Kotlin
- Working understanding of modern web applications from user interface to the database.
- Solid foundation in developing cloud-based, modular, scalable applications.
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the browser and mobile
- Sound knowledge of algorithms, design patterns and SOLID principles.
- Experience with TDD and test frameworks such as Jest/Enzyme/Mocha/Cypress.
- Experience using UI frameworks like React, Backbone, Angular
- Familiar with CI/CD tools and process
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience building single page applications and micro front end architecture
- Experience with relational database design and SQL/NoSQL
- Team player possessing strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- "Self-starter" attitude and the ability to make decisions independently
- Strong mentoring skills. Able to influence and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to work with global teams across time zones
- Comfortable with change. An agent of change when the need is recognized
- Unfazed by ambiguity - we strive to clarity, but accept undefined is the default state
- Recognizes that leadership is not by authority
- Experience delivering results across cross-functional teams while maintaining effective working relationships
- Communicates clearly, succinctly, and persuasively to all levels of employees, customers and management (including executives)
- Experience working in an Agile team (using Kanban/Scrum)
What we offer
- Agile, friendly,collaborative environment backed by a strong enterprise.
- Continuous career development: we actively encourage and celebrate internal promotions.
- High-impact learning culture: free access to online learning platforms and regular in-house training sessions and tech talks.
- Lunch & learns: share your interests and learn from your colleagues.
- A vast variety of volunteer opportunities through NetSuite's SuitePro Bono program and Oracle Giving
- Diverse ERGs that provide opportunities for networking and exchange of ideas across the company.