Sr. Big Data Software Engineer - Data Streams at Rivian (Palo Alto, CA)
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-02 05:00:25
Rivian’s Cloud team is at the center of Rivian’s ‘data universe’, as well as at the center of all customer-facing business processes. Rivian’s Cloud model is the most progressive in the industry, collecting and processing petabytes of data from our customer fleet.
This is what you’ll do:
You will work on Rivian’s Cloud team as a Big Data Software Engineer and be involved in designing, building, and deploying massively scalable ingestion and data processing pipelines to store and derive insight from data arriving from our connected vehicles.
The automobile is the next big computing platform and data is fundamental to the digital products and services that will arise from it. Having Amazon as a major investor and partner allows us to be brave and innovative in this area. Our vehicles are the ultimate IoT devices and they generate high-quality data. Come be part of this revolution.
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Masters or PHd in the related field is a plus
- Five plus years programming in Python, Java or Scala
- Deep knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem
- Experience building big data applications using Spark, Flink, Beam or similar
- Experience developing or working on streaming processing engines
- Understanding of REST API services and applications
- Experience with AWS’s big data products – e.g. Aurora, Redshift, DynamoDB, Athena, Kinesis, S3
- Sound knowledge of designing and building highly scalable distributed and multitenant systems
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, EKS, ECS is a plus
- Knowledge of software development technologies, processes, and tools (i.e., Agile software development)
- Database experience, including knowledge of storage internals of SQL and NoSQL services
- Understanding of cloud security models