Unity Software Engineer at Dreamscape Immersive (Geneva, Switzerland)
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-04 05:01:01
We are looking for a Unity Software Engineer that will work on the on-going development of our proprietary multi-user virtual reality platform. Your main task will be to develop new features for our Unity SDK.
Our platform being used by our content creation team in Los Angeles, you will be responsible for providing support for them with documentation and video calls in English.
Dreamscape is a next-generation Virtual Reality company backed by some of Hollywood's leading players with offices in Geneva and in Los Angeles. The candidate will be working at our Geneva offices.
Utilizing our full breadth of creative storytelling, Dreamscape offers unforgettable VR experiences to the public, allowing viewers to become active participants like never before. Dreamscape's multi-user immersive platform utilizes a unique VR technology developed by Swiss technologists from Artanim to help people experience an entirely new cinematic world they never dreamed possible.
Profile of the candidate
We are looking for a highly self-motivated individual who is passionate about innovative technology.
The ideal candidate would have previous professional software development experience with Unity and would have shipped at least one project running with it.You enjoy working within a team of highly technical developers as well as with content developers.Depending on your expertise later tasks may include working on our lower level C++ libraries and/or our C# core libraries and applications.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of our existing VR platform.
- Design and develop new features for our Unity SDK
- Create public API exposing these new features
- Participate in the development of C# (and optionally C++) core libraries.
- Collaborate with teammates on the development of the platform.
- Provide and maintain SDK documentation for content developers.
- Provide support to the content creation teams, listen to their feedback, and design solutions accordingly.
- A master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
- Strong programming skills in C#,
- Strong expertise with Unity 3D
- Self-organized and with an independent spirit
- Good interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Speaks English fluently and preferably French too
- Swiss national, European citizen, or holder of permit B / C / G
- Nice to have:
- o Good understanding of modern Computer Graphics
- o C/C++ programming skills
- o Multiplayer / Network programming