Embedded Software Engineer at Flock Safety () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-04 05:01:02
About the opportunity
This is a rare opportunity to join a company in hypergrowth and have a career-defining experience. Flock Safety is looking for a software developer to join the Wing Product Engineering team on the ground floor as we collaboratively develop and bring this new product to market. Wing is our first generation of Flock’s Patented Machine Learning technology integrated into 3rd party cameras. Our goal is to bring Wing to market in 2021, establish a significant customer base and scale the product.
Reporting to the Wing Director of Product, you will work on a cross functional team of engineers responsible for development and producization. You will work across the organization with Machine Learning and Platform ensuring product and performance requirements are met.
Some challenges you’ll tackle
- Determining the right architecture of the product as we hear early customer feedback.
- Responsible for “soup to nuts” development of the embedded application: from build process to library integration to application logic.
- Working closely with engineers of other disciplines (Machine Learning, Cloud, Devops) to build the best, most cohesive product.
- Solving uncertain problems with minimal oversight. You should be excited by getting sudo access into a device and “figuring it out” from there.
- 2+ years of building Embedded Linux applications using either C or C++.
- Writing robust and maintainable C/C++ code in an Embedded Linux environment.
- Familiarity with make/CMake and taking projects from concept to build to deployment.
- Strong comfort at the network and disk level, including TCP sockets, HTTPS, and Disk I/O.
- Feels right at home in a Linux console. Shell scripting, daemons, services, no problem.
- Familiarity with media processing libraries, especially FFMPEG, OpenCV, h264.
- Experience with ONVIF or IP camera data streams is a major plus.
Why join the Flock?
When you join the Flock, you are joining a diverse team of passionate, ambitious, intelligent people that put team over self. We offer competitive salary (commensurate with experience), equity in the company, take what you need vacation policy, and the opportunity to grow your career at a fast-paced, high growth mission-driven startup. We genuinely care about the well-being of our employees both in and out of the office and understand the importance of work/life balance. We’d love for you to join us in the fight to eliminate crime, one community at a time