Python Developer - Trading Technology - Crypto Exchange at 100x Group (Hong Kong)
Location: Hong Kong
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-04 05:01:05
A pioneer in the FinTech world, 100x is the result of the phenomenal success of BitMEX, the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
The BitMEX trading platform represents the cornerstone of 100x. As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem of 100x Group companies, through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
The Wallets and Funds system powers the custody of bitcoin deposits, enabling many thousands of trading customers to make secure deposits as margin in our Trading Engine. Our systems are responsible for tracking deposits, creating withdrawals, and interacting with the base layer of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
100x Group is building a best in class Wallets and Funds team to help us increase security and efficiency of our deposits, as well as onboard millions of new users in the years to come.
The Wallets and Funds team track our customers deposits and withdrawals across millions of addresses on multiple chains. We strive to participate in the wider crypto circle to follow and establish best practices for exchanges.
- Develop and maintain software to credit customer’s cryptocurrency deposits and prepare withdrawals in a safety-critical and high-uptime environment
- Improve test coverage of existing codebases as well as engage in test-driven development practices with the team
- Assist in architecting new cryptocurrency and wallet infrastructure relying on modern standards and practices
- Several years experience working as a team on a python codebase
- Familiarity with a code-review and pull-request based workflow
- Experienced with writing software that speaks a variety of network protocols, with awareness of appropriate threading/locking models, or asynchronous design to ensure correctness
Good to have
- Shipping and deploying container-based software
- Experience of handling large datasets in python, perhaps with numpy or scipy tooling
- Transaction-level awareness of cryptocurrencies (scripts, signatures, utxo set, proof of work, fees, blocks)
- Use of type checked and code-formatted python, pytest and similar, CI/CD
- Awareness of defensive software security practices