Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack at valora digital. (Zürich, Switzerland)
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-04 05:01:07
Valora digital is the tech unit of Valora. We are a team of developers and product managers that tackle projects that delight customers, improve processes and keep the company ready for the future of retail. We call ourselves builders & doers instead of thinkers & talkers, because we pride ourselves on taking ownership of projects from A to Z and not letting anything get in the way of shipping. Our main areas of focus are Autonomous Stores, Ecommerce & Delivery, Loyalty & Payments and Process Improvement.
Who we are looking for:
- Software Engineering for you is more about a clean codebase, paradigms, and algorithms rather than languages, frameworks, or platforms.
- You may have chosen your favorite tech stack, but you are always curious to learn new things.
- Building a culture of support, respect, and inclusion is very important to us. You like to collaborate with other team members, you are open and share your experience and learn from theirs.
What you'll be doing:
- Work on new and existing systems across a wide range of projects using modern technologies like F#/C#/TypeScript and various others. (e.g. a clean and elegant API layer spanning across all of our legacy systems, backend APIs consumed by our web and mobile apps, production tooling for our machine learning models, etc.)
- Evaluate new approaches and solutions to a wide variety of problems
- Improve and maintain our production environment, for example by adding monitoring and alerting (DevOps)
- Help set up and maintain modern development workflows as well as CI/CD pipelines
- Work closely together with our mobile app and data science teams
- Support other developers in your team with your insight and technical guidance
What we'll expect from you:
- 5+ years of software development experience in a general-purpose programming language
- BSc degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with designing web architectures
- Ability to quickly get up to speed in any programming language or system if needed
- Ability to tackle problems outside your comfort zone and get things done without supervision
- You are independent, but value and expect honest feedback
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with F# (or similar functional programming languages like Elm, Haskell, OCaml etc)
- Experience working with other general-purpose programming languages (C#, TypeScript, etc.)
- Knowledge of the domain of (E-)Commerce
- Experience working with one or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, service-oriented architectures, REST APIs, developing large software systems.
- Experience working in teams following an agile software development methodology
- Basic knowledge of German