Lead Software Engineer (Virtual Reality) at Dreamscape Immersive (Geneva, Switzerland)
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-04 05:01:08
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our growing team. The candidate will lead a team of highly talented engineers and participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of our proprietary multi-user virtual reality platform.
Dreamscape is a next-generation Virtual Reality company backed by some of Hollywood's leading players with offices in Geneva and in Los Angeles. The candidate will be working at our Geneva offices.
Utilizing our full breadth of creative storytelling, Dreamscape offers unforgettable VR experiences to the public, allowing viewers to become active participants like never before. Dreamscape's multi-user immersive platform utilizes a unique VR technology developed by Swiss technologists from Artanim to help people experience an entirely new cinematic world they never dreamed possible.
Profile of the candidate
We are looking for a highly self-motivated individual with proven expertise in technical project management and software development ideally with some experience with 3D real-time computer graphics, to develop advanced immersive technologies and applications.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Report to the CTO and serve as core contributor for the analysis, design, testing, development, and maintenance of our VR platform.
- Lead and manage a team of 8 software engineers. Create project plans, help set timelines for features and software releases.
- Write high-quality code that is modular, functional, and testable.
- Analyze reported issues and follow up on their resolution.
- Provide occasional support to content developers using the platform and the team deploying our technology.
- Continuously strive for the improvement of our software architecture and development process to ensure quality, reliability, and scalability
- Ensure the team uses appropriate engineering practices (test, documentation, etc.).
- Provide guidance and support to the programming team, making sure they can do their job effectively and that priorities are clearly defined.
- Communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a global environment that includes our teams in the US.
- A master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
- Strong programming skills in C++ and C#, Python is a plus
- Proven experience as a lead software engineer managing a team of 5 or more
- Good understanding of networking technologies and distributed software architecture
- Self-organized and with an independent spirit
- Excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Speaks French and English fluently
- Swiss national, European citizen, or holder of permit B / C / G
- Nice to have: Experience with real-time game engines such as Unity 3d or Unreal and good understanding of modern Computer Graphics