Senior Software Engineer- C++ at SKY Group (London, UK)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-04 05:01:14
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work. Our team is growing as we continue develop new features for the Sky Q STB. This could include working on browsers and App SDKs, REST API services, Voice Search, App managers, Bluetooth devices and a variety of analytics and telemetry engines. "This is an excellent opportunity to join a talented and growing team that delivers new features and Apps for Sky Q customers." - Steve Boardman (Head of Sky Middleware) WHAT YOU'LL DO:We need to expand the team to develop new features for the Sky Q STB. This could include working on browsers and App SDKs, REST API services, Voice Search, App managers, Bluetooth devices and a variety of analytics and telemetry engines.
- Working with an experienced and talented team of Engineers.
- Enhancing browser support for Apps such as YouTube and Spotify.
- Working directly with third parties such as Netflix to integrate SDKs.
- Developing and integrating RDK Components.
- Working with the Analytics team to extend performance and quality metrics.
- Given the opportunity to propose and specify new features for the Q Products.
- Strong C / C++ (preferably C++ 11)
- Experience of Linux on an embedded platform / CE device
- A preference for software development in an Agile environment using TDD
- Work experience relating to a STB/DTV product (DVB/MPEG-2)
- Understanding of the network stack (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP 1.1), REST API, JSON and GNU toolchain (particularly make files and cross-tools)
- Knowledge of Qt
- Web Browser development (eg QtWebEngine, Blink, Chrome V8, Webkit)
- Audio/Video streaming fundamentals (eg MPEG4 / HLS / MPEG-Dash)