3 Remote Senior Software Engineers (Full stack) - Quickly growing startup at Portchain (København, Denmark) (allows remote)
Location: København, Denmark
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-04 05:01:25
Portchain is a cloud-based AI software, empowering container carrier and terminal teams to collaborate, analyse and design operations plans to get container vessels through terminals faster and more efficiently. Lower cost. Faster planning. Better outcomes
Container Shipping: An industry with huge potential to make a difference
90% of all goods globally are transported through a container. The largest container vessels are 400 meters long and can transport more than 23,000 containers at a time. The container shipping industry is the backbone and enabler of global trade, but it suffers from operational inefficiencies. 50%+ of all container vessels are delayed coming into port, 4.6% of sailing time is waiting time outside of the port, and key planning processes are done manually on a global scale. This results in high operational costs, lost revenue, and unnecessarily high greenhouse gas emissions (if container shipping was a country it would be the 6th largest in terms of CO2 emissions). At Portchain, we work closely with our customers to reduce operational complexity and optimize planning through software and innovative analytics.
We are looking for skilled and independent Senior Software Engineers to join our software engineering team that is focused on building a modern and user friendly platform, where users in the shipping industry can make quick decisions and stay informed through organised data.
To achieve this we use data, mathematical modeling, machine learning, and optimisation to help our users get full transparency on their operations and allow them to make better decisions.
You will be an important part in a self-managing team that both builds the features, creates the needed architecture and works hard on creating a good work culture that allows you to work in the way that is best for you.
Important: We will only be reviewing and accepting applicants in and near Europe.
We are a 25 person strong team made up of 9 nationalities, with half the company and most of engineering working remotely. On the engineering team we have an average of 9 years experience, so you will get experienced to work, learn and spar with. You can read more about the team and our remote culture on our website: https://www.portchain.com/careers.
We believe that a good software engineer is one who has the freedom to explore good solutions and has a team that lets the best argument win. We aim for having autonomous teams that co-own the platform and its technical evolution.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of end-to-end features from specifications and designs
- Problem solve architectural decisions with the team
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Maintain clean code and help build code conventions
- Understand and follow security and data protection best practices, like f.x. OWASP top 10
- 5 years minimum of professional experience in Software Engineering
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies: Node.js, React, TypeScript
- Full stack proficient - Nobody is perfect in all, but you’ve dabbled in the different domains.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Proficiency in automated unit and integration tests
- Previous professional experience working remotely
- A deep understanding that we always have to navigate between the immediate impact of a feature and the technical debt incurred by its implementation. You are able to carefully weigh the pros and cons and make a choice in favour of the company and the team
Not required, but areas we want to be better in, so if you can tick any of those below, we could use that.
- Experience with building B2B and consumer quality products from start-up/scale-ups
- Deeper understanding of network and application security and maybe also security when it comes to CI/CD
- Architectural experience with Cloud services like AWS, Google Cloud and Azure
- DevOps/SRE experience
Want to join our team?
If you think that you would be a good fit for the role please send your CV to [email protected] in order to apply.
Portchain is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We have a number of employee diversity networks that support our culture of inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Therefore, we actively encourage people to apply from all backgrounds. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.