Lua/C (Senior/Principal) Software Developer (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure), WAF Data Plane (JoinOCI-DP) at Oracle (Vilnius, Lithuania)
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-05 05:00:27
• Developing and improving Web App Firewall (WAF)
• Designing and developing new performance and security oriented Lua modules for OpenResty based infrastructure
• Collaboration and brainstorming with team on new features and possible solutions
• Integrating solutions with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
• Improving Nginx and ModSecurity product by making upstream PRs
• Working with network security
• Own the engineering delivery of a service or component.
• Work closely with architects, product and program managers to deliver product features on time and with high quality.
• Drive engineering efforts and provide direction other members of the team.
• Collaborate with other product teams.
• Proactively identify and resolve risks and issues that may impact team’s ability to execute.
• Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
• Participate in team Agile process, communicate actively with the team and internal stakeholders
• Design and update existing system infrastructure and solutions
• Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
• Analyze various dependencies and risk scenarios
• Ensure platform consistency in a sense of technological and functional solutions
Skills and Qualifications
• 5+ years of experience delivering and operating cloud services or highly distributed business software.
• SOLID programming experience withC, C++ or Java, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
• Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
• Designed production multi-tier high concurrency applications
• Experience developing web applications backends
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP networking
• Basic understanding how cloud computing works
• Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly, and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic environment
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Good knowledge of Object Oriented, Procedural and Functional programming
• Comfortable and effective when communicating with remote teams in different time zones
• Possesses strong written, verbal, and presentation skills in Lithuanian and English languages
• Experience with Nginx web server and/or ModSecurity development is an advantage
• Knowledge of Lua 5.1/5.2 (LuaJIT 2.1) is an advantage
• Experience/understanding in Web app security, DDoS protection, network security is an advantage.
• Experience in Agile Development (XP or Scrum) is advantage
• Experience in Test Driven Development methodology is advantage
• Experience with Git, Git submodules is an advantage
• Experience with Python is an advantage
• Experience with Java is an advantage
• Experience with Ansible and Shell scripting is an advantageDesign, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).