Backend Engineer (Node.js) at Exodus.io () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-05 05:00:42
Exodus is looking for a meticulous Backend Engineer to focus on our backend Core Services. As a Node.js Engineer, you believe strongly in testing and using your analytical skills to solve complex problems.
What You'll Do
- Submit pull requests for critical back-end servers coded in Node.js, which talk to Exodus Wallet clients.
- Write loads of tests to ensure code performs as expected.
- Feature development work on Core Services Applications (With a focus on Exchange and Pricing Server)
- Support, Maintain, and improve our Core Services Applications
- Open dialogues with our community support engineers to understand what can be improved about the exchange experience in Exodus, and act on that understanding.
Frameworks & Languages
- REST/ GraphQL
Who You Are
- You have a history and track record of Node.js development that can be demonstrated via Github.
- You take initiative and don't wait for direction.
- You have a passion for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and a demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- A strong understanding of Performance Optimization
- You have an understanding of relational database concepts and have designed some relational database schemas in the past.
- You don't care if the platform is Azure or AWS and have some experience with at least one.
- You are willing to be available regardless of when server issues occur.
Characteristics We Look For, Straight from our own Team
- You take Initiative. We all tend to wear different hats from time to time, so we encourage trying out new things.
- You're Passionate. Exodus is not just a job, it’s a mission.
- You're Empathetic. Having the ability to give and receive feedback with empathy is instrumental in individual growth and company growth.
What we Offer
- Freedom to work wherever you want, whenever you want.
- Building the future. Cryptocurrencies lay the foundation of the internet of value, the next major wave in application technology and personal finance.
- Collaborative and feedback-driven culture.
- Opportunity to grow. The sky is the limit if you're hungry to succeed.
- Fair pay, no matter where you live.
- Competitive compensation package.
Our Hiring Process
At Exodus, we pride ourselves on hiring people from all around the world. We work with individuals from various backgrounds; some traditional and some a bit more unconventional.
Our hiring process focuses on 2 pillars.
- Efficiency. You can expect the process to take about two weeks. We know what it’s like to wait several weeks for a recruiter to get back to you and want to be respectful of your time.
- Transparency. We anticipate you asking questions and will answer with transparency and respect.
We are committed to shaping a better world and have built our team based on empathy, radical candor, initiative, and humility.
Overall, our goal is that you have a great candidate experience with us.