(Senior) Full-Stack Engineer (f/m/d) for Strategic Platform Innovations at SAP (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-05 05:01:06
Requisition ID: 278251Work Area: Software-Design and DevelopmentLocation: Berlin or PotsdamExpected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: ProfessionalEmployment Type: Part Time or Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Summary & Role InformationAs a (Senior) Full-Stack Engineer (f/m/d) for Strategic Platform Innovations, you will be part of a technology-focused team that was built to help shape future generations of SAP software. In this role, you will have a great opportunity to support various projects coming directly from our executives and senior management. Working in an innovative environment, you will help to evolve the SAP Business Technology Platform by developing new ideas for future capabilities, use cases, and better developer experience. With your strong software development skills, you and the team will quickly design and implement proof-of-concept solutions to showcase the benefits and feasibility of your ideas.
- University degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or a related field
- Very good programming skills (e.g. in ABAP, TypeScript, Python, Go, Swift, Kotlin, Java …) and strong competencies in computer science including data structures, algorithms, design patterns and software design
- Profound knowledge of ...
- SAP platform technologies and business applications (e.g. SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA, SAPUI5, S/4HANA, C/4HANA, Ariba, SuccessFactors, Concur)
- State-of-the-art web and mobile technologies, frameworks, and tools (e.g. React, Vue, Svelte, Xcode, Android Studio, …)
- Cloud infrastructure technologies (e.g. SAP Business Technology Platform, AWS, Azure, GCP) and Kubernetes and in designing and implementing RESTful APIs as well as API specification tools (OpenAPI/Swagger)
- Agile software development processes and experience with development processes driven by regular code reviews
- Practical experience with relational databases (e.g. SAP HANA, Postgres), cloud-based storage solutions (e.g. AWS S3) and with microservice architectures and distributed systems
- Experience with innovation methodologies, e.g. Design Thinking, is a plus
We are looking for a reliable, positive, open-minded and collaborative personality with strong team working skills, who is determined to reach a goal in time and has the ability to work independently and to prioritize. The role requires fluent English and preferably German language skills - both written and verbal.
At SAP we have diversity at heart, so you will also be able to work with the brightest minds from a multitude of cultural and ethnical backgrounds.
We are looking for an outstanding individual with at least three years of professional work experience.
Your application documents should contain a cover letter reviewing your experiences and your interest, your CV and copies of references from your previous manager and/or colleagues (if available).
About the Technology & Innovation Board Area
The Technology & Innovation (T&I) board area is responsible for SAP’s overall platform and technology development such as SAP Cloud Platform and SAP HANA. In addition, T&I drives the incubation and adoption of intelligent technologies like Analytics and Machine Learning across SAP’s product portfolio. The T&I board area is also in charge of SAP’s global innovation agenda and builds new business model- and market-driven innovations to help customers realize the most business value.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.