Team Lead, Software Engineering at Celonis (Madrid, Spain)
Location: Madrid, Spain
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-05 05:01:06
At Celonis, we are building a leading product that defines the new market category of Execution Management Systems (EMS). We give data-driven & AI technologies context and let them speak in a wholly new way based on our award-winning process mining technology, which ispowered by our in-house developed and patented PQL (Process Query Language). The Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of instruments and applications to help companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, strategy and planning, to management, actions, and automations.
Our technology helps bring immediate value to the biggest enterprises around the globe, and makes a direct impact on how people work day-to-day. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis has thousands of global customers including ABB, AstraZeneca, Bosch, Coca Cola, Citibank, Dell, GSK, John Deere, L’Oreal, Siemens, Uber, Vodafone, and Whirlpool. All of them rely on Celonis technology to unlock their full execution capacity and drive change to business processes.
Celonis has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. In 2019, Celonis reached a $2.5 billion valuation, after receiving a $290 million Series C funding round. We are continuously expanding, especially in Europe, to be able to serve local markets. Recently offices were opened in Paris, Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Madrid, as Centers of Excellence for international tech talent. Our current headquarters are in Munich, Germany and New York, USA, but we have 15 offices worldwide.
At each and every Celonis office, we get things done quickly by cultivating an open-minded culture with creative, collaborative, autonomous teams in which the best ideas win. As part of Product & Engineering you will have the opportunity to grow with a steep learning curve, being equipped with responsibility from day 1.
As a Team Lead in our Engineering department, you would:
- lead one of our core teams - manage the performance and support the career development of senior and upper-mid-level engineers
- build and maintain an engineering culture of trust, ownership, and collaboration within the team as well as the department
- take active part in hiring and grow the team according to business needs
- contribute technically within the team’s scope
- collaborate with Product Managers and other Leads on goals and strategies around people, technology, and processes
- propose and set up trainings and workshops for the team
- have 3+ years of experience in building and leading software engineering teams
- have 5+ years of software engineering experience
- have a good understanding of software architecture
- have experience working with Java, the Spring framework, microservices
- have knowledge around agile concepts (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Delivery)
- have the ability to lead and make decisions to define the road ahead
- are ready to roll up your sleeves to help your team
- have strong communication skills (English language), allowing you to collaborate smoothly with people across business and technical domains
- see people as the fundamental pillar of our success. Therefore, we invest into the personal growth and skill development of each individual alongside with the strength finder test
- offer attractive compensation models (best-in-class salary, stock option packages, employee referral bonus, family service, flexible working hours, …)
- are visionary and one of the fastest growing Software-Unicorns in the world
- are experts in the field of Process Mining - the new Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of instruments and applications: the EMS offerings help companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations
- distinguish ourselves through a unique combination of innovative start-up atmosphere paired with great professionalism and self-responsible work
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.